Photographer looking for subjects

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, Tim D, HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

Photographer looking for subjects

Postby pluckmyeyeout » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:04 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a commercial photographer (also a bird hunter) and I'm interested in shooting a lot more hunting/shooting/community stuff. Haven't really done much along these lines, but I'll post a link to some work next time I'm in the studio. If you want some great pictures of your dog working or of you hunting, let me know... Early geese just two weeks away!
pluckmyeyeout
Newb

Re: Photographer looking for subjects

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Are you looking for a paying gig or just freelancing? Or looking for a place to hunt?
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby pluckmyeyeout » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Hey Moe,

At this point I'm just looking for folks to hook up with who would be interested in being in some photos... Developing my portfolio as it were. I have plenty of places to hunt, so if that's an issue, I can furnish boat, dekes, and location for shooting (photos and birds). I have a small group of friends who I can take pictures of, but looking to broaden that group I suppose. I'd also be interested in any other related activities (shooting clays, training/tuning up the dog before the season starts, etc.).

Jesse
pluckmyeyeout
Newb

Postby pluckmyeyeout » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:06 pm

I'll also throw it out there: that if there are any of you who are doing commercial guiding, I'd be willing to trade photos for access to shooting you & your clients.

J
pluckmyeyeout
Newb

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Jesse, depending on your experience, I can advise you to get in contact with Capt. David Bitters. Dave is a good friend and hunting partner of mine who happens to have a TV show in production called The Baymen Life. He already has a top notch team and the show has been picked up. Guiding has been his bread and butter but he's branching into TV now to bring the experience to the masses. I won't post any links here but you can find him easy enough by searching for Baymen Guide service etc...Dave has been a commercial photographer himself and may be able to help you.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby mrjingles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 pm

I've got a german ahorthair pointer I plan to hunt pheasants with this year, he's still young and still training, but he's a photogenic little bastard...I wouldn't mind having a few shots to hang on the wall(I'm serious). Maybe we can meet up for a pheasant trip? shoot me a message.
mrjingles
Newb

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting