New to Mass

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: HeritageHunter, MIKE J., JoeP

New to Mass

Postby POPEYE13433 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Hey guys! just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I will be moving to Cope Cod this summer (June 24). next week i will be house hunting in the
mashpee
and sandwich areas. I have been hunting ducks and geese for the last 10 years. Mostly in Michigan and a bit in upstate NY. I am not looking for anyone to tell me your secret spots but any pointers would be appreciated. I have a nice spread of puddle ducks but not much for sea ducks. As for geese im rocking about 10 bigfoot Canadian two lay out blinds and about a dozen silhouettes. I just sold my john boat with blind. So what is the best type of boat for the area? what type of gear will i need specific to the area? Thanks again and hope to see you on the water.
POPEYE13433
Newb

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: New to Mass

Postby Baymen Moe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Welcome POPEYE, slow time here but stick around and post up. Sounds like you have the gear to get a good start here. Do your research as to where you can and cannot hunt. Others will chime in I'm sure as we get closer to fall.
My doctor said drinking heavily can lead to a slow death. I said good, I'm not in any hurry.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby AvianAddict » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Welcome to MA Popeye! My in laws live in sandwich, lots of nice looking areas down there. I haven't hunted down there yet but I'm sure you will find plenty of good spots. I think a kayak might be the best boat for the waters in MA. I know a lot of guys here use a kayak or something similar for hunting. If you're in the central MA area hit me up, maybe we can hook up for a hunt. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AvianAddict
hunter

Postby POPEYE13433 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks. I was actually just looking at a kayak. Excited to hit area do some off season scouting
POPEYE13433
Newb

Postby Professor_Leakey » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Welcome to the state and to the forum. That's a nice area you moved to. I was down there Friday at Peter's pond chasing hatchery trout.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting