fish point

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

fish point

Postby spartansfan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 pm

any one have any idea what the water and corn conditions are there or at nayanquing pt. for that matter
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Re: fish point

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Been scouting fishpoint for a couple of weeks now. The corn is the same Poor quality that they plant every year in the 20's but much better crop in the 60's it seems to be a bit taller this year but not by much, will have to wait until they harvest the main part to see what they leave for cover. the water levels around the area are a bit higher but still way low compared to the 1970's, 80's and 90's. I should be taking the 5th wheel up the first of Oct and it stays for the season. Can't wait for the 10th. but I will be hunting Houghton lake the week before. I did not seen any geese but did see a lot of divers, some woodies and blacks. It will be a month before they start flooding the fields.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: fish point

Postby turboimpala » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 pm

was there the other night and saw one flock of geese. corn is much taller then last year in the 60's. thats about all i remember :wink: .
turboimpala
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting