duck calling

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

duck calling

Postby twigzz88 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:22 pm

im wondering if there are any duck hunters around the irish hills area that can help judge my calling i think im having some problems with it but cannot pinpoint them. And my buddys dont seem to wanna help probablly because they had to learn on their own.so how about is there anyone out there willing to listen in to some most likly horrible calling?
twigzz88
hunter

Re: duck calling

Postby A-Bomb » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:11 pm

I would recommend that you get some calling DVD's, CD'S Cassettes etc and listen to those and then you can hone your skills from there. That gives you the luxury of listening to it done right and you can revisit it over and over again. I learned to call from a Primos cassette. Im not saying im the best caller in the world, but i have certainly put in my time and have become pretty profiscient with my call. I also commend you on taking the time to become a good caller as there are all too many that wont take the time to practice until opening morning. :mad: After that, then knowing when to call is the next and a really important point.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Re: duck calling

Postby Boom » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:06 pm

DVD'S,CD's is a great way to learn. Their is no short in them as well just about every call maker has one or more. One thing i would say that helped me alot was just listening to ducks and trying to copy them. Adam touched on learning when and when not to call. That in it self can be the hardest part in calling ducks and geese. Good luck to you!
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting