Youth hunt

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Youth hunt

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Good luck in the morning if your taking a youth out. We're taking my cousin Will. Should be fun.
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Re: Youth hunt

Postby A-Bomb » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:21 am

Well, the youth hunt went great. We got out to our spot, set the decoys and we no more than put the boat in the cattails and the birds started pouring in. They were in and out driving us nuts as we waited for shooting time. Finally legal shooting time came and we started the morning with a Pintail. Not long after a drake mallard. From there it was a parade of birds with many misses and folding a beautiful drake Wood duck. Then the action slowed down for a bit. Finally around 8:45 AM the birds started moving again and he was able to fill out his limit with a mallard and then a double on BW teal right at 9 AM. Ended the morning with 2 mallards, 2 bw teal, 1 wood duck and 1 pintail. Will has killed ducks before, but this was his very first limit. Nice job buddy!!!

A-Bomb
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:51 pm

wow looking good.. when i used to be young enough for the youth hunt i thought it was the best thing ever... especially being able to shoot them btw before they leave.
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby Boom » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am

Good job on the birds! The smile says it all.
WACKEM & STACKEM
Boom
hunter

Postby MichiganMarv » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:46 pm

I drove all the way up to Manistee to take out my nephew for the youth hunt. 3 mallards (2 drakes and a hen) swung in and landed in the deeks 7:05 am sunday morning, Austin carefully aims his single shot 20ga and BLAMO.

He thought this was the drake, oh well you only get one time at a first duck.
locked wings make me smile
MichiganMarv
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Congrats to you both on a fine hunt.Im sure you both had allot of fun and memories to last a lifetime. :thumbsup:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting