ready to go

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

ready to go

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Hooked up and ready to roll. but still a week away.

Just picked up more blind material today and will finish it up tomorrow. Drop the blind and I am Ready for the big day....

18' grizzly, 35hp mudbuddy sport, and old silverado hd. Hoping for a new diesel HD at christmas time :biggrin:

9-17-09 004.JPG
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: ready to go

Postby Weedwacker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:55 am

Ain't this the best time of the year!! I am like a school kid myself, set all my gear up several times, fixed little things added things, it is the best part besides sitting and watching the sun come up on opening morning!

Had a dry run last weekend for the Youth Season, had a 14yr old in the boat and knocked down a couple of birds, so we are on our way for the year!!

Looks like a Sports Pal canoe on the roof? I have a 13ft sportspal with square back that I would not trade for a new boat and motor, it has its place in my gear that can not be replaced with anything else!!! Tow it out behind the boat some times to give folks thier own spot when we hunt some larger water, and use it all the time for small water and late season :thumbsup:
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Re: ready to go

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:57 am

the meyer sportspals are great, there is a scab company in canada making a knock-off that is junk. Mine is a square stren too and I am going to build a small mud motor for it this winter. I did the youth hunt for years and now the boys are both to old but my girls will be at it soon enough.

ITS HERE :thumbsup: :yes:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting