Anyone been to Harsen's lately?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Anyone been to Harsen's lately?

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:08 am

Have a few days off and I'm heading over there....just curious as to whether or not there are any migrators showing up, or if the birds that are there are shell-shocked beyond belief.

...not changing my mind one way or the other...I'm going hell or highwater (oh, please...let there be high water! :mrgreen: ); work has been a bear lately, and I need to get out.

...I'm just curious is all. Thanks in advance.
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby poacher » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:01 am

I was on harsens the other day, didnt go much further that Sans Souci bar :salude: But yes, there are birds, lots of birds. This steady northern wind for he past few days has pushed some nice mallards into the area, the green wing teals are by the flock, the blue wings are gone. The water is low. very low. The northern wind has pushed the water from the marshes in the north side of lake st clair, and from the flats. But yes indeed, do go. I have 1 fella coming from Kalamazoo, and 1 coming from Cincinatti. We plan on hunting walpole Friday and Saturday. I have a campsite directly across from Sans Souci, so we will most likely float over at some point. I would extend the invitation to hunt with us, but no room in the blind. If youre in the area at a later date before the end of the season, you are more than welcome.
"teal, teal, albino teal....wait, those are seagulls...take em.

wait till they line up and cross, 1 shell 2 birds
poacher
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting