Is it me? Or.......

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Is it me? Or.......

Postby Cobra » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:40 am

Is it just me or do the shooting hours seem later this year? ID'd 6 drake Mallards @ well over 100yds today, 15 minutes before hours. They ended up landing in the dekes along with a couple of Woodies. Could have nailed the Woodies with my oars. Naturally they flew off 5 mins. early. All birds flew out before hours and hadn't returned by 11:00. And yes my clocks were set right, for a couple of late arrivals they appearantly weren't :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . Lost a 1/4 tank of gas out of my truck at the access while out :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: Must have seen a couple thousand Seagulls heading South.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Hunting hours are off

Postby Brydog » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:50 pm

I agree 100%. I can barely identify the birds at shooting hours in the morning. In the evening, i'm picking up the dekes before prime time even arrives.I wish their was something we could do about this Waterfowlin injustice. :pissed:

BTW ,,I'm new to the site. I just found it. Looks like a keeper. I'll pass it on to a few of my buds. :thumbsup:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby maddiedog » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:03 pm

I hate having birds dumping in while you are picking up the decoys. I am putting the boat back on the trailer when it is still somewhat light. That is irritating.
maddiedog
hunter

Irritating huh?

Postby Brydog » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:17 pm

I've got a 15 minute walk home with the Dawg, and I can still see daylight when I get home. :pissed:
Yes,,,,,,,,its very irritating!
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting