Where are all the birds at?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Where are all the birds at?

Postby goosecaller » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:45 pm

Is it just me or is there a complete lack of birds around here this year? I have just had no luck what-so-ever. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has been to Harsen's Island recently. I am thinking about going up there for a satuday morning shoot and wondered if it is a bust there. Hopefully the rest of you are having better luck finding the birds that I am.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:22 pm

i don't know where your hunting in se mi but im finding the birds find you just have to pick your days
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 pm

I was at Harsen's last Friday/Sat. I hunted in the A.M., and I heard that the TOTAL duck bag for Saturday (AM and PM) was 33 birds.....not a good year so far. Not much flying over the refuge, and no flight birds down yet. Hope you have better luck this weekend if you go....weather really isn't cooperating, either.
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby Mr Shot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:09 pm

I was out today and never even saw a bird. I was not at a managed area. :pissed:
Mr Shot
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:15 am

We've got a few up north! :getdown:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Cobra » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:39 pm

Locals have found out where it's safe and there has been no weather to really push much of anything down. It's November and it's been sunny and darn near 70* lately. Need a solid front to come in.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby pike_mazter » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:12 am

The ducks are gone, gone forever. They all have the bird flu. Its time to stop thinking about ducks and start thinking about November 15! :toofunny:
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby hankrt » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:22 pm

Harsens is really slow for the third streight year.......to warm!!! Need some serious cold fronts with blistering sleet and north winds, that will bring them down.
hankrt
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting