November 15

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

November 15

Postby pike_mazter » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:38 am

How does everyone's deer season look so far? Late goose expectations?
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby Mr. 16 gauge » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:47 am

No more rifle deer hunting for me....too many close calls with "weekend warrior" hunter wannabees! :pissed:
"If your dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"
Mr. 16 gauge
hunter

Postby pike_mazter » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:43 am

I agree, but you should really try and hit up some of the farmers in the SE of the state. You would be suprised to see how many of them don't hunt. Most of the time they are more than willing to let you hunt their property and sometimes they will give you the exclusive hunting rights if you can show that you are actually taking deer, which in return saves their crop.
pike_mazter
hunter

Deer

Postby pontoonboy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:26 am

I'm looking forward to deer season this year - I'm planning on hunting Tuesday - Friday for deer and Saturday and Sunday for ducks. First time in a long time that I've been able to take a week off for hunting :smile: Early scouting has been good - with all the crops down in the thumb, deer are holding up in the woods - cant wait...
pontoonboy
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:49 am

Deer season is looking good. It is going to be a warm week, so you all hit em good. I shot a doe a few weeks back with the bow, now just waitng for the big one.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby Deadeye_youth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:57 am

Yeah hopefully opener will be nice already shot a 4 point with the bow but havent hunted much lately been too busy huntin the ducks :thumbsup:
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Postby Mr Shot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:33 pm

Good luck to all you Deer Hunters....I gonna be after the ducks! :getdown:
Mr Shot
hunter

Re: Deer

Postby pike_mazter » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:17 am

pontoonboy wrote:I'm looking forward to deer season this year - I'm planning on hunting Tuesday - Friday for deer and Saturday and Sunday for ducks. First time in a long time that I've been able to take a week off for hunting :smile: Early scouting has been good - with all the crops down in the thumb, deer are holding up in the woods - cant wait...

Where at in the thumb? I'm over on the West end of Sanilac County. And you are right, most of the crops are down and all the deer that i have seen during scouting have been in the woods or surounding treelines. Looks like its gonna be a good season!
pike_mazter
hunter

Postby Cobra » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:04 pm

Sat up in the barn loft with a spotting scope this AM, partner and I decided not to be in a boat today. Nice 8pt standing near my blind around 8:00. Saw more than I thought I would out in the open considering the wind. Never saw a duck or a goose in over 2 hours, usually see lots of geese, don't blame them a bit for sitting tight in this wind.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting