nasty storm

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

nasty storm

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:42 pm

I don't know about anyone else but i was planning on going hunting today and i had packed last night and saw that the huge storm was coming. i got up at like 330 and watched the weather for about a hour and then made the call that it was goign to pass. well they said it was going to blow at like 10 from the east then go to the west and blow like 25 to 35. so i come out of where i keep my boat and i look out on the lake and all i can see is lightning and the white rollers in my bow lights. after a long ride i made it to my spot and had to set the deks backwards to what the wind would be in a hour or so after all that work i finally get the rig set. shooting time rolls around and its kinda hazy or foggy and out of the fog the bird start flying. First came a pair of black ducks i got my one. then a drake pintail. then a greater scaup. and then mallard after mallard. i missed some mallards and only ended up with one and had to leave kinda early because of the nasty waves and wind. the whole way in waves were washin the bow.

but i think a blackduck, drake pintail, broadbill, and a mallard was pretty nice bag for a short day

any one else go out in it......... :toofunny:
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hankrt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:27 pm

Sounds like a good hunt.......where were you, I would have loved to be out in all that wind.
hankrt
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting