Starting to come down

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Starting to come down

Postby goosecaller » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:40 am

I think that some of the birds are starting to head down. The last few nights I have seen flocks of mallards in great numbers. Hadn't been seeing much of anything in the previous weeks. Finally, they are here. The only problem is, I am not seeing them until 15 minutes after shooting closes.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby hankrt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm

Goosecaller, where are you seeing the birds, are they near Fish Pointe or Harsens??? Thanks for any info.
hankrt
hunter

Postby Cobra » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:33 pm

Saw a couple groups of 40-50 Mallards (with a couple Blacks) on some ponds in the Nashville area the last few days that had nothing but pairs on it lately. Saw a decent group of something balled up in the middle of a lake near Olivet today also. Maybe we might get into something better this weekend, then again..........
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby hankrt » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:50 am

Thanks for the info, I hope your right, were kind of dead on the SE part of the state as well. I'm moving a couple of hours north this weekend, heard tell there are a handful down up there. Tonights cold might shake a few loose....I hope!!! I did however shoot a 7 year old banded Greenhead from the Manitoba area two weeks ago, so some are down but not many.
hankrt
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:19 am

The birds that I have been seeing are in washtenaw county. I have been hunting a little pothole that in years past has produced a ton of birds. But not som much this year. But they are back now. Been seeing tons of greenhead flocke dup in the 20-50 groups.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby hankrt » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:02 am

That's great news!!! Good Luck wacking some of them!!!! Hopfully I will get out in the morning to check out Harsens, will let you know how we did.
hankrt
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting