please help!!!

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

please help!!!

Postby shoreboysupreme » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 pm

live in Maryland, not michigan. I have been looking for a new trcuk for some time, and finaly found one on craigslist. The thing is, the seller lives Au Gres, MI. The truck is a 2002 Gmc serria 1500 with 122,000. The strange thing is, she is only asking $2,900 for it. She sent me pics and it looks great, but the price doesnt seem right. She said she is a single parent who just got in a devorce and needs money to pay her morgange or she will lose the house. I was talking to a guy today who thought it was a scam too, UNLILL i told him it was in michigan. HE said michigan is in deep crap right now, at like 40% unemployment. He said total towns are just shutting down, and it is possibly that this is just a good deal. She said she has a Ebay security program set up to ensure that i know it isnt a scam. This is how it works: i send the money to ebay, she sends the truck( which she says she can do though her brother for free), then i talk to the ebay agent within 2 days on wether i like the truck or not. Then the truck either stays with me and the money is sent to her, or she pays to have the truck sent back, and my money is reversed back to me.

i dont know guys...what do you think. comments please

thanks
A green head keeps the warden away.
shoreboysupreme
hunter

Re: please help!!!

Postby fishy55 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:32 pm

It's a SCAM!!. my dad almost bought a kawasaki mule for the same price. there is no such thing as an ebay security program unless it's SOLD ON EBAY. DO NOT BUY IT!!! unfortunately, there are tons of scams on there.
fishy55
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:20 am

easiest way to kind of feel it out is to ask her for her phone number and address and a time to meet her to check the truck out, Tell her that you have a contact in MI that can view it for you and see if she replies with a valid phone number and address. or just tell her to list it on ebay with a buy-it-now price and buy it that way make sure she specifies free shipping in the ad. then you are covered by ebay when you pay thru paypal.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cam liden » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:01 pm

I actually grew up in Au Gres, Michigan, it is a very small town, and i know many people there. What is the womans name, I may be able to tell you if she is a reliable person to buy a car from. Also, you are right about the economy and unemployment, so she may just need the money
cam liden
hunter

Postby g_maxson » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:03 am

cam liden wrote:I actually grew up in Au Gres, Michigan, it is a very small town, and i know many people there. What is the womans name, I may be able to tell you if she is a reliable person to buy a car from. Also, you are right about the economy and unemployment, so she may just need the money

40% unemployment :no:

How does one ship a car for free anyway?

Ask for her name, phone number and address. IF she provides it, go to whitepages.com and make sure the address matches the name. Also while there enter the home phone and make sure that matches. There are tons of things you can do. Have her take a pic of the front of her house and look at the satellite photos to match up the house shape, driveway.

The saying is though "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is." I'd guess if you do a KBB or Edmunds on that truck you'll see it is worth a lot more than the price she is asking. If this was a real deal, it would have been snatched up by someone local by now. The premise of 40% unemployment is silly, there are still plenty of people that would be all over that deal if it was real.
g_maxson
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:24 am

I am not looking iat it as a SCAM. I just emailed a guy that has a jeep listed for sale here in MI. when I told him I wanted to look at it he sent me this long email indicating that it is in Texas and ebay will handle the transaction for him. Probably the same letter you got about the truck.

Hello,

Thanks for being interested in buying my 1997 Jeep Wrangler.It has been garage kept and well cared for with many aftermarket parts. The Jeep has a very strong inline 6cyl. motor that could pull down a house. It also comes with a 4in lift, suspension upgrades and 33in Superswampers that are practically new. I have added a Alpine CD player with Ipod connection, amp, 2X 10in. subs, and a Pioneer overhead speaker bar. There are plenty of pictures so you can see just how clean this jeep really is. On top of everything that I've mentioned, it also has a K&N air filter, KC lights and an upgraded tubestyle front bumper. Come with spire tire and soft top.

The price is not negotiable $2,760.00 firm.

I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by the eBay's buyer protection program (They are acting like a third party in our deal).Which means that the payment will be handling by eBay and you will benefit of 15 inspection time period and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. The payment is going to be send to one of eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection agent, funds will be placed on hold until you receive and inspect the car. In case you don't like the car (is not our situation) you will ship it back at my cost and receive a full refund from eBay employee. Payment will be released to me only with your approval...

The car will be shipped from Baytown, Texas on my expense and will be delivered directly to your door in 4-5 days.

Here are the pictures with the car: http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/b42 ... =slideshow
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)

I can provide VIN # to check on your own, also I can send you more details too but please get back to me asap if you have cash money and if you are ready to buy.
Thank you,
Jeff Daniels
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting