Oil spill?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Oil spill?

Postby DeathDlr7VI » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Any you fellas wittness the oil spill first hand? How bad is it? Do you think it will effect your season? Post up some pics if you have any. Hope things clear up for you guys.
DeathDlr7VI
hunter

Re: Oil spill?

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:17 am

If you are talking about the kalamazoo river it is prety bad. I acctualy hunt just down from the ceresco dam. My grandparents live right of the river and they told me it smells preaty bad and there is oil all the way across the river.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I live on the Shiawassee river and I am hoping none of it finds its way thru the system to us.

I feel bad for all the people that live and hunt/fish that area. Funny thing that it was mentioned a few days and then NOTHING lately. have they cleaned it up already? :huh:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BassFisher91 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:16 pm

waterfowlhunter, didn't realize you were from Linden. I'm from Holly right by the Shi. We should meet up for a hunt one time this year.
BassFisher91
Newb

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:15 pm

BassFisher91 wrote:waterfowlhunter, didn't realize you were from Linden. I'm from Holly right by the Shi. We should meet up for a hunt one time this year.

I am always ready to hunt :biggrin:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BassFisher91 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am

waterfowlhunter wrote:
BassFisher91 wrote:waterfowlhunter, didn't realize you were from Linden. I'm from Holly right by the Shi. We should meet up for a hunt one time this year.

I am always ready to hunt :biggrin:

Alright man, shoot me a PM if you ever wanna try and get some hunting in together. I don't know if you're on michigan-sportsman as well, but I'm on there too with the same username.
BassFisher91
Newb

Postby Cobra » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Live about a mile from the river. Still has booms across it but only 1/4 of what was there were a few weeks ago, round the clock crews, roads with plenty of capture tanks, filters and trucks. Smelled like bad fuel oil if the wind was right (wrong!!!) for a long time. River has a long mowed linear park/path in Battle Creek that many honkers would roost on and they'd fly over my house like clock work every morning and night, NOT ANY MORE, haven't had anything fly over since it happened. Have found pockets where some are now roosting but aren't going where I need them to. Toss in JURY DUTY 9/1 - 9/17 and early season has the potential to be a disaster
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:20 am

My grandparents live maybe 1000 ft from the river in Ceresco, they said it was an absolute mess. My grandma was telling me that they rescued a bunch of geese though.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting