any yoopers?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

any yoopers?

Postby bsgoosepimp111 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:14 pm

hey guys, was just wondering if any of you guys are from or hunt in the U.P. im from Watersmeet but recently moved to green bay for college but am up there almost every weekend during huntin season
andrew
bsgoosepimp111
hunter

Re: any yoopers?

Postby shoot-n-goose » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:51 am

Last year was my first year hunting the UP and plan on being there quite a bit this year chasing divers
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:34 pm

shoot-n-goose wrote:Last year was my first year hunting the UP and plan on being there quite a bit this year chasing divers

there's no divers in the UP silly :hi:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby shoot-n-goose » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm

jehler wrote:
shoot-n-goose wrote:Last year was my first year hunting the UP and plan on being there quite a bit this year chasing divers

there's no divers in the UP silly :hi:

Well when I said divers I meant Mergansers. I didnt think there was anything else up there :huh:
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby Duckingaround » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I've never hunted the UP but I am going up for the opener this year. It will be my first time up there for ducks. I have a cabin on Big Bay De Noc and am gonna hunt right on the water.
Duckingaround
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:56 pm

There's no ducks in the UP.....stay out..... stay under the bridge where you belong *cough* trolls *cough*
:hi:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckingaround » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:01 pm

I never said I was hunting ducks..... :yes: Stuffed Yooper on the grill sounds good to me. Oh, and for the record, my family has owned the cabin for over 60 years and I have been coming up there regularly for 33 years. I've earned a little local.
Duckingaround
hunter

Postby gartudtwo69 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 pm

nice 1 Aj, I liked that reply, cough, cough, lmfao. Divers are never U.P. here. Hunting sucks! Stay Away! Go to Bay City instead. Were you at the Hunters nightout lastweek? :hi:
gartudtwo69
hunter

Postby bsgoosepimp111 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 pm

where abouts are you all huntin up here? not lookin for huntin spots, just curious where everyones at. im around the watersmeet area if anyone is familiar with that
andrew
bsgoosepimp111
hunter

Postby jehler » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:04 pm

bsgoosepimp111 wrote:where abouts are you all huntin up here? not lookin for huntin spots, just curious where everyones at. im around the watersmeet area if anyone is familiar with that
andrew

we call strongs corners home :hi:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby gartudtwo69 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:01 pm

How's the Goosing down that way in Watersmeat,lol. ? "Go Nimrods". I'm U.P. around the Houghton area. :hi:
gartudtwo69
hunter

Postby Duckingaround » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:46 pm

See you yoopers later tonight! I am on my way in 2 hours!Woohoo! Good luck Saturday everyone!
Duckingaround
hunter

Postby gartudtwo69 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:59 pm

I called "Da Bridge" Don't let any Trolls U.P. here :welcome: Spend a lot of $$$$$$, haha
gartudtwo69
hunter

Postby bsgoosepimp111 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:50 pm

well guys, we managed to get 12 on sat and none today for our group of 3 guys which was the worst opener we have ever gad but still had a lot of fun. anyone else have luck?
bsgoosepimp111
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Opener sucked for us. 0 birds Sat. morning, 3 birds Sat evening & 1 last night. Probably coulda/shoulda/woulda had a few birds Sat. morning but my dad's dog is a high-strung, whiney PITA that can't sit still....and yet my dad still insists on bringing him :rolleyes:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckingaround » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 pm

We missed our only shot Saturday morning. We got two redheads saturday evening, and one diver on Sunday morning. The weather was horrible. Changed non stop. The wind when blowing out of the NNE pushed all our water out of the bay, litterally leaving our dekes high and dry which really hurt us. The birds would come in then just turn away. Sunday morning we actually just set up a piece of camo fabric on a sandbar about 200 yards out from shore, lol. The redheads, I actually walked out to where they were rafteed up and spooked them and got the two that way.

gotta say that even though i still had a great time, I was more than impressed with UP hunting. The view was awesome, but you were right, there are no ducks in the UP, lol.

Here is a few pics from my camera phone

Grillin duck! Was awesome!
Duckingaround
hunter

Postby gartudtwo69 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:43 pm

The same story everywhere! I didn't hear hardly any shots on Saturday, and Sunday was the same! I went out lastnight to work with Glok, my new pup, and to work on the land blind. I saw 70 birds, Mallys', Bills, Teal, and heard Goldeneyes'. So, I went out this morning, and it was super foggy, but then a group of 5 Goldeneyes' came and investigated. 3 shots, 3 birds, gotta love that. Then a pair came by, and I got 1 more. So, today was the best day so far, but it's going to get better. The sun-up, and all the colors are just Awesome, right now. I saw a total of 25 birds this morning. Good Luck all. Garth
gartudtwo69
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 am

gartudtwo69 wrote:The same story everywhere! I didn't hear hardly any shots on Saturday, and Sunday was the same! I went out lastnight to work with Glok, my new pup, and to work on the land blind. I saw 70 birds, Mallys', Bills, Teal, and heard Goldeneyes'. So, I went out this morning, and it was super foggy, but then a group of 5 Goldeneyes' came and investigated. 3 shots, 3 birds, gotta love that. Then a pair came by, and I got 1 more. So, today was the best day so far, but it's going to get better. The sun-up, and all the colors are just Awesome, right now. I saw a total of 25 birds this morning. Good Luck all. Garth

Yeah, I wish I still had time to get out during the week. I know there are birds around, I have a line on a place that might produce some good shooing next weekend...we'll see. The weather is predicted to be about perfect for it but it never seems to stay that way. :mad:
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckingaround » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 am

ajmorell wrote: The weather is predicted to be about perfect for it but it never seems to stay that way. :mad:

It will for about 15 minutes, then change, then change again
Duckingaround
hunter

Postby DUCoastie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm outta the Soo plan on hunting 75% of the season up here, so far not very good :no:
DUCoastie
hunter

Postby Michigan Sniper » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:57 am

Going to school in the Soo. My family has a cabin on Sugar Island that I've been coming up to since I was a baby. I'm out with a broken leg right now, but my brother (a freshman this year) hasn't been doing too well so far this season. My parents are on their way up today after my dad hunted the opener in the south zone on Saginaw Bay at another one of our cabins. Hopefully he can get some birds this week. Best of luck to everyone. Kill some ducks for me!
How many bluebills, cans, redheads, pintails, and black ducks can they shoot in Canada (and Mexico)?
Michigan Sniper
hunter

Postby keithhay » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 am

Lookind for some Info!
For years ive crossd the Mac and have seen thousands of rafted up birds ! I finaly did a little looking around and found some marsh just to the west of the bridge, has anyone hunted this or know anything about tis marsh or generel areas that can be hunted along US2 or just east or west of the Mac?
Thanks keith
keithhay
Newb

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting