Houghton County

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Houghton County

Postby gartudtwo69 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey all! greetings from the U.P. again. As of today and yesterday, the goose migration has really started up. There was a few flocks reported, but after this morning and night. I've seen more geese in areas, then there was 2 days ago. The early season went very well from reports of many hunting friends. Myself, I bagged 14, plus one band. I havn;t gotten the info yet, but I'll most def report it on here, asap. The Duck #s' u.p. here are looking great, too. when I was early goose hunting the #s' I've seen, were way above the previous seasons. So, it's starting to look very good this far north. Good Luck all.
gartudtwo69
hunter

Re: Houghton County

Postby gartudtwo69 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey All, just an update from this weekend. We slayed the honkers, both days. there's a lot of geese around, and seems like more are pouring in everynight. Yesterday, we had about 3 flocks on the west end of the county in a certain oatfield. Today we hunted on the East end, and OMG, we saw atleast 400 to 500 birds. Ducks in the oatfield,too. There had to be atleast 300 to 400 puddlers, like an airport. The sunrise was something to see 2. Hopefully all these birds will hangout for awhile U.P. here, so we can keep banging them away, and get em all spooked U.P. for ya,all downstste. lol. Good Luck.
gartudtwo69
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting