Confused! Are they or aren't? you got me, but I say, "no"

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Confused! Are they or aren't? you got me, but I say, "no"

Postby gartudtwo69 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Here's the deal, I've been out goosing almost everyday this seasean, including the early season. Sat. morning I saw my 1st migration flock for sure, but that has been it. I've heard from a few peps, but has the push really started down south, yet? Normally, I see a lot more flocks, but I think theirs going to be a major push soon, plus, whats the best site for migration patterns? Good Luck All. Oh Yeah, I'm way U.P. In Houghton County.
gartudtwo69
hunter

Re: Confused! Are they or aren't? you got me, but I say, "no"

Postby animalx1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Don't know if this is quite what you are looking for, but these guys do a good job on waterbird observations. They are also UP there at Whitefish Point:

http://www.wpbowaterbirds.blogspot.com/

Elbert
animalx1
hunter

Postby Cobra » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:35 am

www.ducks.org DU site has a decent migration map that's constantly updated by members. It's not uncommon to see the early Snows/Blues this time of year in the Southern part of the state
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby gartudtwo69 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks guys, Like i said, I wasn't sure if the main flights started. Yesterday after getting skunked on an oatfield. I saw 6 huge flights, all of which had over a hundred geese in. Not saying I'm right, but I've been doing this for years, and not to see any big pushes is rare. I'll most def. check on those sites. Unlike lastyear, I hope they hang around a bit. :biggrin: Good luck out there.
gartudtwo69
hunter

Postby gartudtwo69 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Duck seasoner tomorrow morning, atleast U.P. here. Good Luck all.
gartudtwo69
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Lots of migrators around here. Allot of birds have shown up since the early season. I cannot wait for morning. Saw thousands today! :grooving:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting