Mojo Placement

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Mojo Placement

Postby quackkiller05 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I was wondering on some tips are where to place my mojo when out hunting. I have a baby hen mojo, just started using it last year and was wondering on any input on where it works best.. :help:

Thanks,
Good shooting! :beer:
quackkiller05
Newb

Re: Mojo Placement

Postby DuxLastSight » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:36 pm

I would say in the truck. Im just messin with ya. honestly on the closer side to you of the decoys or at the farthest end away from you. we have had both setups work well. just depends on what the bird like
'10 Totals

Mallards-0
Black Ducks-0
Woodys-0
Redhead-0
Blue Bills-0
B.W. Teal-0
G.W. Teal-0
Geese-4
Bands-0
DuxLastSight
hunter

Postby quackkiller05 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 am

awesome thanks i'll try both those set-ups :thumbsup:
quackkiller05
Newb

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I place mine downwind of the spread facing into the wind. One High and a couple low with one angled back and very close to the water. but basically from the years of using them you cam pretty much place them anywhere to get the ducks attention and it is up to them liking your spread as to if they come in or not. THe MoJo is just an attention getter and is only good for about the first week or 2 then they start to have the opposite effect.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting