Looking for hunting buddy/group

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Looking for hunting buddy/group

Postby BAMHALL » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 pm

I thought I would give this a shot. My life long hunting buddies have fallen victim to the economic issues of present and despite offers of assistance pride keeps them from accepting. I have even sold my own boat because I had no one to make the long week trips to the bay with after the last two years. I spent the weekend talking to guys at boat launches and looking for a pot hole to wade or canoe and this it is less then safe to go it alone. Unless is it 78 degrees the rest of the year!

I am looking for someone or a group to hunt with. Refuge trips and pot holes would be great until I purchase a new rig (smaller boat this time) this winter. I live in the Fenton area and I have deeks and I am about as laid back as they come. I have access to some great goose (field) spots in Genesee/Livingston County and would like to share those early and late season.

Thanks guys.

Bam
BAMHALL
Newb

Re: Looking for hunting buddy/group

Postby dgordo01 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 am

BAM:
If you dont mind pairing up with somebody somewhat new to the sport. I live in the Lapeer area, and just started waterfowl hunting last year. I do have some good spots around my area, and did pretty well last year / this year's opener.

I typically hunt with my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and two boys (13,10years old). However, I dont hunt with them all the time because our schedules dont always jive.

I have:
12' flat bottomw dakota w/5 horse and trolling motor. (small water boat, use burlap for camo)
1 dozen mallard dekes.
chest waders
2 year old black lab female (first year hunting, dont use her every time)
S&W 1000 super 12 auto
Rem 870 wingmaster pump
Moss 500 20g pump

If interested, let me know and I will throw you my number.
Whak em, stack em, smack em
Good Luck and Be Safe!!
dgordo01
hunter

Postby BAMHALL » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:34 am

shoot me an email, that sounds great!

BAM
billhall@live.com
BAMHALL
Newb

Postby Birdhunter4life » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:45 am

If your ever interested in coming to up the Qaunicasee launch hunting shoot me a message. Im only 20 but my dad always has to work and alot of my buddies are gone to school or only deer hunt. but ya we tow a layout out behind a 20' war eagle with a 60hp four stroke yamaha. full blind on the big boat as well and use trot lines with alot of decoys. Usually shooting ducks at 15 to 30 yarrds and you shoot ALOTT. shoot me a message if your interested.
Birdhunter4life
Newb

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm

I am in Linden and hunt the entire season, There are days where my dad or sons can not make it and I would welcome another able body to help bring down the birds. Car pooling is always cheaper too.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby joeborghi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:28 pm

I can relate my 3 hunting buddies have crossed over the bar and are hunting in a much better place where the skies are always full of birds. The neighborhood kid I was training has moved on. I sold my big water rig and diver decoys this spring/summer, but still have a duck skiff and enough goose & duck decoys to get the birds in. I hunt alone now that I had to put my chessie down. I hunt near you from time to time in Livingston and I live near Milford. If you want to hunt with an old guy, I still go out right up to seasons end. Send me a private message and we can schedule some days to hunt together.
joeborghi
hunter

Postby BAMHALL » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks guys. I PM'd each of you so if you did not get it please email me at billhall@live.com. Look forwarded to getting out and hunting.

Thank you.

Bam
BAMHALL
Newb

Postby gvsulaker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Gents,

Hope all is well. I too am looking for a hunting group to join up with. I just moved back to Michigan from the East Coast and after about 10 years away from waterfowling I have become addicted again. I have recently re-acquired all of my waterfowl hunting equipment from the waders, dekes, clothing, on up to my gun. I live in Oakland county and would be open to traveling to just about anywhere to hunt birds. I would even be open to hunting any of the WMA's too. PM me if anyone needs an accomplice to get out and hunt some birds. Thanks.
gvsulaker
Newb

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm in Lansing but would be open to traveling to the east side for a group hunt. Going to Livingston County for some of those goose fields that have been mentioned would not be far for me at all.

I have my own shotgun (and could provide a back-up / loaner for somebody), waders, 10 mallard floaters, two duck calls (not necessarily the ability to use them!), and one goose call that I know I'm not very good at using yet.
Sabre
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting