U.P./Straits Divers

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

U.P./Straits Divers

Postby LayedOut » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Hows the divers looking towards easter U.P. or the straits? We are heading up next thursday for the weekend to layout hunt.
"Down in front...Commin right down the middle, LOCKED and LOADED...........TAKE EM"
LayedOut
Forum Moderator

Re: U.P./Straits Divers

Postby Michigan Sniper » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:23 pm

There are definately some divers around. Mostly redheads right now from what I can gather. I'm reduced to prowling the internet since I broke my leg a week before duck season opened, but my brother has been out quite a bit. He hasn't done too well, but we don't have a layout up here at school. I know some guys that did well on divers opening weekend and some guys are getting scoters if you are so inclined (both parties layout hunting). The water is pretty low, so be forewarned. Good luck.
How many bluebills, cans, redheads, pintails, and black ducks can they shoot in Canada (and Mexico)?
Michigan Sniper
hunter

Postby LayedOut » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Cool. Good to know on the water levels, although it shouldn't affect us too much. We will be mostly running the st. maries to our destination. Good to here on some scoters.
"Down in front...Commin right down the middle, LOCKED and LOADED...........TAKE EM"
LayedOut
Forum Moderator

Postby keithhay » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 am

how is the marsh just to the west of the big mac Green Island I think they call it
keithhay
Newb

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Michigan Sniper wrote:I'm reduced to prowling the internet since I broke my leg a week before duck season opened.

I broke my ankle a week before the 98 season, The dr was not happy having to replace the cast 3 times due to water damage. I hunted hard and no damn broken bone was going to keep me out of the marsh. Had a hip boot on one side and a glad trash bag on the other with a very large firemans boot over it. worked well but I was told to keep my foot elevated all day for 8 weeks :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Not happening. I could not help out much with the boat or the setup but I could still hunt. :thumbsup:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LayedOut » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Well we got home from the UP sunday night. What an awesome weekend. We ended the weekend with 49 ducks, with 5 mounting birds.
LayedOut
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:00 am

LayedOut wrote:Well we got home from the UP sunday night. What an awesome weekend. We ended the weekend with 49 ducks, with 5 mounting birds.

Show us some pics!
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby LayedOut » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Well here are some pictures.

LayedOut
Forum Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting