Central Michigan Hunters

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Central Michigan Hunters

Postby whislewing » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:04 pm

I am a student at CMU, and I hunt around martiny lake by mecosta. my problem is i can't find another student that hunts too. If you know anyone that goes to central and hunts, maybe would like to try it or whould show an interest Please let me know. I have everything to hunt, a 14' boat decked out , dekes, motion decoys, and i can call, even wood ducks. I hunt on weekends, tuesdays and thursdays and am back before noon for class. there's 20 thousand of us up here, there has to be at least one more hunter, so if ya could help me out thankx. :thumbsup:
10 o clock tree line
whislewing
hunter

cmu hunting

Postby duck20 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:42 pm

hey there partner. i will be attending cmu in a year and a half. I too have a decked out boat and decks. I would love to hutn with u anytime. u can IM me at Strikeout30 and chat abut it. U might want to be careful bc i have a real problem wiht duck hunting. I am too obsesed.
ttyl. Trav.
duck20
Newb

Postby michduck » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:10 pm

I dont go to cmu I do have some buddys there. I am from lansing I hunt maple river and some good wood duck spots in bath/rose lake area. I am avalable on weekends if you want to give it a go. I have a worse problem than not haveing a partner I have an idot for a partner the kind of guy who shows up opening morn with no ores and and a moter that dosent run. yah jeff you. anyway if you want to hunt ill make the drive I have some blocks i can bring too.
michduck
Newb

Postby whislewing » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:28 pm

Duck20- Let me know if you need any help gettin settled up here or over i shlould say

Michduck, lansing eh??? I'm actually from mason off the 96 exit. have you ever hunted the Thornapple???

Here's my shindig- I hunt Maritiny lake over by mecosta, i want to get over to Saginaw bay and hunt that by maybe pinconnning or someplace like that. I am always williing to try different places. I've never hunted maple river but i'd meet in the middle there no problemo

again i have a 14' boat fully camoed, 9 hrse evinrude, elec motor, heater buddy, remote control spotlight, GPS, several dozen dekes, jerka spreader, mojo mallard.

we've got one problem, look at the date, were less than 3 weeks away fromt he end of season. we have 2 tuesday's and three thurdays left. weekend of thanksgiving, and duck season is done. let me know if one of these work for you.

I would like to do Jan goose season, but i know no one with fields, i have 1 dozen shell geese and two dozen vaaccum floaters, and an atv where permissable. let me know if anyone wants to try this and if they know anyone with land. doesn't matter where goose hunting happens, i'll go lansing to saginaw bay, grayling, mecosta, doesn't matter for geese.
10 o clock tree line
whislewing
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting