Moving to Marquette.....

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Moving to Marquette.....

Postby benellibrother » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey everybody,
I'm might be moving to Marquette this coming September (late September) and was wondering if there is good duck/goose/grouse hunting out there? I AM NOT ASKING FOR SPOTS, only an overall rating.....and is it mostly diver or puddler hunting? Many geese? Any help is appreciated..... :beer:
benellibrother
hunter

Re: Moving to Marquette.....

Postby ajmorell » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am

Yes the U.P. has some of the best "unknown" waterfowl hunting IMO
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby benellibrother » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:30 pm

I know the U.P. is a "unknown" waterfowling secret from my experience around the eastern half (Sault Ste. Marie area). I have lived here going on 5 years now and have done very well for ducks/geese hunting areas ranging from Sugar Island, Munuscong Bay, hay fields of Brimley and Sault Ste. Marie, all the way to Newberry potholes. The hunting over here is hard, but with a little bit of time and a lot of scouting, the birds will end up on your hanger.

The question is....is the Marquette area as good or hopefully better than Sault Ste. Marie? I am moving there anyway haha....just curious. From what I know....I believe....

Marquette = mostly divers + few puddlers (only late in season) +hardly any local geese + decent migrating geese

Anybody feel free to prove/tell me wrong??
benellibrother
hunter

Postby benellibrother » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Does anybody know?
benellibrother
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting