You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby 'dam'hunter » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:09 am

We would still only have a 60 day season, I just think it would give us more opportunity. This is Michigan, we're not positioned in any of the flyways. It would be nice if the suits would realize this and throw us bone once in a while....that's all.
'dam'hunter
Newb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:56 am


Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby sws002 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:03 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I could care less that the 2 day late season is gone. Split for zone 3 should be last week of October


You clearly have never hunted the 2 day late season then. We killed 6 man limits both days last year. Awesome hunting!
User avatar
sws002
hunter
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby sws002 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:06 pm

shoot-n-goose wrote:
'dam'hunter wrote:have the season open one week earlier than normal then open back up the last week of December still giving us the 60 days. I think this would give the best of scenarios. It might actually give us an opportunity to shoot a few Teal on the front side pf the season,


There's a reason we don't have an early teal season, just as many other ducks get killed as teal. They tried it before and it was an epic fail

I agree with closing the season for firearm deer, but say add those two weeks to the end of the season. Just as the weather is getting good we run out of time


That is piss poor reasoning for not having an early teal season, you cannot eliminate seasons because people cannot identify ducks, otherwise there would be no point to species restrictions. It is your duty as a hunter to know what you are shooting.
User avatar
sws002
hunter
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby shoot-n-goose » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 pm

sws002 wrote:That is piss poor reasoning for not having an early teal season, you cannot eliminate seasons because people cannot identify ducks, otherwise there would be no point to species restrictions. It is your duty as a hunter to know what you are shooting.


I was just passing on what i was told by the DNR. The other reason is we are grouped with three other states that would also have to feel the need for an early teal season

And why waste any of our 60 days on a single species :huh:
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
User avatar
shoot-n-goose
hunter
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Oakland County, Michigan

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:39 pm

sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I could care less that the 2 day late season is gone. Split for zone 3 should be last week of October


You clearly have never hunted the 2 day late season then. We killed 6 man limits both days last year. Awesome hunting!

big deal...I kill limits about 95% of the days I hunt anyway. If your best two days of the year depend on mother nature congregating all the birds into a few spots so you can slaughter them, then your skills as a hunter suck !!!

By January, I'm usually in Mexico or in the South somewhere warmer, killing birds that already passed MI
Last edited by DeadEye_Dan on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.



WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
User avatar
DeadEye_Dan
hunter
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Great Lakes

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby g_maxson » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 pm

'dam'hunter wrote: You can tell that most of the birds shot in the late season are migratory birds just by the size of them.


Seriously?
User avatar
g_maxson
hunter
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:26 am

sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I could care less that the 2 day late season is gone. Split for zone 3 should be last week of October


You clearly have never hunted the 2 day late season then. We killed 6 man limits both days last year. Awesome hunting!



I have hunted it and it SUCKS over here. all the birds are gone and everything is frozen and snow covered. I live on a river that seldom freezes and even the ducks that frequent it are gone. Aparently they all go to where you hunt after they leave here. :yes:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
User avatar
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 am
Location: Linden, MI

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:52 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
sws002 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I could care less that the 2 day late season is gone. Split for zone 3 should be last week of October


You clearly have never hunted the 2 day late season then. We killed 6 man limits both days last year. Awesome hunting!

big deal...I kill limits about 95% of the days I hunt anyway. If your best two days of the year depend on mother nature congregating all the birds into a few spots so you can slaughter them, then your skills as a hunter suck !!!

By January, I'm usually in Mexico or in the South somewhere warmer, killing birds that already passed MI


Wow, I guess we aren't worthy to walk on the the same earth you do. I mean, you just told every hunter on this forum that you are a better hunter than they are and that they suck. Thats balls-y bro. Let me remind you as a former Forum/State MOD that if you bashing person/persons is a real good way to get kicked out :thumbsup: The thead on here that said this forum is dead, it's because of guys like you that are on here with the intention of letting everyone else know that you are a God and the rest of us are not worthy to hunt. Take this with a grain of salt and go beyond your selfishness to see that not everyone is as privileged as you to travel out of state or county to kill birds. When you read this and feel the need reply, stop and do yourself a favor and don't. You'll just dig the hole even deeper for yourself.

We don't have a teal season because our brood count for teal isn't high enough to support a teal harvest per DNRE bio's. Also, the states that have one, it doesn't cut into there reg. season dates just like our late and early goose doesn't. I won't mind one. We shot a ton during the reg. so far lol.
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI...in the field!!

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:55 pm

To go back to the topic, I'm going to take this thead to the CWAC metting. This forum as well as a few others are the best way to get everyones thoughts on how to make the season more enjoyable for those of use that dont support foreign economies. The research I'm doing for ammo at this meeting is suprising. I'm doing a study on the middle and south zone taking in account private to public land opteruntites, hunter numbers and bag counts. For everyone that has said dont change it, think about this. Name as many big citys above grand rapids as you can...... know below. Theres hunters in every city soooooo yea south zone has middle beat by a long shot even minus Detroit (Which 45 of the deer hunters on land we ask permission on happened to be from). Now look at public land opertunities in both zones. Get the picture. The dates half to change because our options are private or dont hunt or lease if you have the money. Alot of people say "the january dates are great because we kill alot of ducks" and part of that is true because we have ice but the other side to that story is private land isnt crawling with deer hunters and people have a place to hunt ducks were during the deer season they could not.

Take this year for example, we're doing a study on private land use during the deer season to kill ducks on ponds or in fields. Out of 131 land owners from jackson to south bend, 127 said no and out of the 127, 119 were because of deer leases of family/friends deer hunting. So we decided to make a map of public land we could go hunt for ducks during the deer season. We picked three citys at random below to find three places nearest to them to hunt public land. Average times was 22 minutes to the nearest public hunting with the longest being 1.1hours. Now take in account scout time. It's preached in waterfowling and is a must if you want to be were the birds are. Not take in account how many hunters in your area are going to be on that same piece of earth, etc. What it all boiles down to is simple, a split like every other state. We all love to enjoy the outdoors and it's the duty of the committee to make sure that happens and from the numbers, there failing epicly!!!!
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI...in the field!!

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby patrick.carrington » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:24 am

This well help explain our situation to the guys that hunt the bay a little better. Heres the county I live in and mind you that the counties around me look the sameso im not going to post the links;

http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunt ... COUNTY.pdf


And here is the bay;

http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunt ... COUNTY.pdf
http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunt ... COUNTY.pdf
http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunt ... COUNTY.pdf
http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunt ... COUNTY.pdf

You guys have way more options with less people. If you really want an eye opener, look at this one;


http://www.midnr.com/FLW/LandsOpen-Hunt ... COUNTY.pdf

Oakland county has more places to hunt than me. I mean. Come on. It's depressing lol.
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI...in the field!!

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:53 am

Let me get you a tissue.

I'm sooooo tired of hearing all the bitching out of SW MI on every forum, it just gets old.

I'll stand by what I said before...if you can't kill birds with consistency throughout the season, you need to improve your skills. Period.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.



WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
User avatar
DeadEye_Dan
hunter
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Great Lakes

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:10 am

We can improve our skills all we want, but if we don't have places to hunt it's a moot point. I live just a couple miles south of Kent County, we're just south of Grand Rapids a little. We've been very lucky this year to actually gain permission to hunt on some private land nearby, but it was completely of matter of finally knowing some of the right people. It took us five years of asking around the area before we were able to hunt someplace that we didn't have to drive a minimum of an hour to get too. Sure maybe if we were willing to pay for a lease we'd have more opportunities nearby but right now that's not an option.

As far as dates go, I'm undecided. It seems that this year (and often) the hunting is just getting good at the tale end of the season. I'd had never hunted the late Dec. split but was looking forward to trying it this year, until I saw that the dates had been changed. For us the slow time of the season seems to generally be that last week of October, it's all stale resident birds that are left. Personally, I'd hate to see duck season closed during deer season, we're usually finally getting some migrators in at that time.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
User avatar
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Michigan

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby sws002 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm curious why guys who hunt divers and aren't in the South zone feel the need to comment here, as it literally has nothing to do with them. Yes, I'll agree that hunting divers is a lot of work, but they require relatively little skill to actually be successful, as they are relatively stupid. So first of all, quit beating your chest about killing 1000 divers as it's not impressive and no-one cares. Regardless, that is not the point being discussed. The point is, the majority of the South zone is tied up in November by deer hunters, so it is compounding in the fact that most of the migrators haven't even arrived yet and what little ducks are around we can't get access to them anyway. The two day late season is really only productive because it is one of the only times you can pretty much guarantee that everythingup north is frozen up. I would much sooner see the late season scrapped and two weeks during deer season closed (also move opener back a week in October) so we could hunt 3-4 weeks of December when duck hunting is like it should be, cold and nasty. I've yet to wear anything but a hoodie to hunt this season, kind of disappointing.
User avatar
sws002
hunter
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby benfish » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Lets keep this going with out the crying and get it done. We should have a split there's no question. I would say we should be able to hunt until Christmas, 9 out of 10 years there is ample open water until then. We could add a different zone for south west Michigan. (Illinois just added a 4th zone this year) Make it from Muskegon east to Grand Rapids, east to Lansing and south. We could also add Lake st Clair and Erie for late season diver hunting. They keep saying the population of our local mallards keep going down every year, so why not hit the flight birds harder and the divers. This is just making more and more sense every year.
benfish
Newb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:24 pm

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:18 pm

FYI...I live in Kalamazoo, kill divers up north on the weekends, and hunt up and down west mi the rest of the time. The 1000 bird comment was "tongue in cheek"...it's actually a lot more than that. Any time you can put that many birds (of any kind) in the bottom of your boat in a season, I'll gladly shake your hand.

I am not of the opinion that we should jack with the season and negatively impact the entire state to appease the 5% of the waterfowlers that live in SW MI.

You can forget EVER having a season closure in Oct....I'd love it, I love breaking ice and hunting in the snow. But the folks at the DNR have studies showing that the vast majority of hunter days occur in October. They are never going to go for a closure during a time where they have historical peak usage. Period.

The vast majority of the MI fowlers would prefer to hunt in a sweatshirt all season if possible...and that is who the DNR/NRC is going to listen to (as they should).

I hate this warm weather and S winds as much or more than anyone...adapt, improvise and overcome.

You couldn't be farther from the truth with your migratory comment either. Killed a two man limit (mallards & wood ducks...;) ) in Van Buren county on Wed AM, out of a pothole that had no ducks in it 30 days ago, or 60 days ago for that matter.
To think that ducks are migrating all over the upper Midwest from mid October to mid November - except in W Mi where they dont migrate until December is naive at best and just dumb at the worst.


Just a thought...maybe you all should hunt this split before you piss and moan about how much it sucks.

Your whining reminds me of my 5 year old who won't eat his green beans because they taste bad..."You gotta at least try 'em before you tell me they're awful"
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.



WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
User avatar
DeadEye_Dan
hunter
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Great Lakes

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby sws002 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:26 am

So let me get this straight? Your argument is that migrators are here because you killed ducks somewhere you never have before? That's solid science. Instead of using your crappy conjecture, I will instead use actual facts that birds do not migrate until weather North of us forces them to, ie things must either ice up or become snow covered to start moving birds. Seeing as how neither of those has happened yet, it's pretty easy to understand why migrators haven't shown up yet. As far as bumping season dates, keep in mind that it has been proven that Michigan stays warmer longer than most states because of lake effect. Your assumption that all waterfowlers want to hunt in hoodies is asinine, it is just some stupid assumption you made to try to (weakly) prove your point. I realize that battling a later start in October is futile, but there is no reason duck season can't adopt the same split goose season already has. Also, the DNR only indirectly takes input from Michigan hunters as the dates are provided to the DNR by CWAC and almost always accepted (this is straight out of our local DNR sargeants mouth). That is what the point of this entire thread is about, making people aware of who is actually responsible for setting our season dates and feeling out what everyone thinks. Saying that it would only benefit 5% of hunters in the South zone is a joke, as everyone except you is all for a later split, as it would benefit them greatly, in both bird numbers and land availability. Lastly, although I'm sure everyone else is thinking it, I'll be the first to say nobody cares or believes that you shoot 1,000+ birds a year. The sheer amount of days and hunters it would require to put those kind of numbers proves that you are either a liar or a poacher, you take your pick. The best hunters in the world who duck hunt for a living don't put that many birds in the boat, so stop trying to convince me how BA you are because you "do".
User avatar
sws002
hunter
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby shoot-n-goose » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:13 pm

sws002 wrote: Lastly, although I'm sure everyone else is thinking it, I'll be the first to say nobody cares or believes that you shoot 1,000+ birds a year. The sheer amount of days and hunters it would require to put those kind of numbers proves that you are either a liar or a poacher, you take your pick. The best hunters in the world who duck hunt for a living don't put that many birds in the boat, so stop trying to convince me how BA you are because you "do".


:ditto: Thats a three man limit every day for 60 days..................

Sounds like the douche that tried to tell me he drove 20,000 miles in a month. You shoulda seen the look on his face when I broke it down on paper in front of him :lol3: :hammer:
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
User avatar
shoot-n-goose
hunter
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Oakland County, Michigan

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby spartansfan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:08 pm

shoot-n-goose wrote:
sws002 wrote: Lastly, although I'm sure everyone else is thinking it, I'll be the first to say nobody cares or believes that you shoot 1,000+ birds a year. The sheer amount of days and hunters it would require to put those kind of numbers proves that you are either a liar or a poacher, you take your pick. The best hunters in the world who duck hunt for a living don't put that many birds in the boat, so stop trying to convince me how BA you are because you "do".


:ditto: Thats a three man limit every day for 60 days..................

Sounds like the douche that tried to tell me he drove 20,000 miles in a month. You shoulda seen the look on his face when I broke it down on paper in front of him :lol3: :hammer:


i had someone try to convince me about the 20,000 miles a month too. he felt real dumb after i brok it down
its here!
spartansfan
hunter
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: SE michigan

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Stop being obtuse. I didnt say anywhere that I shot 1000 birds personally in a season (but since you seem determined to drag a comment from another thread into your whine fest, let's get it straight).
For those with zero reading comprehension...focus...the operative word in the following sentence is....
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Yep. I'd like to know where all the birds are. I doubt we kill much more than 1,000 this year...:(
...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=we

I know you're lonely, wallowing in your depression over a poor duck season- but some of us have friends to hunt with. Those of us with friends sometimes use the word "we" to refer to ourselves and our friends.
Here's an example.
Q: how did you guys do this weekend??
A: we killed 84.
See how that works??

As far as most hunters being "fair weather" dudes? If that isn't the case, why do the majority of hunter days (ie. days reported afield by individual hunters in post-season surveys, collected by the state) occur in October??
40,000 licensed waterfowlers in the state, I'll bet any amount of money you want, 1/3 of them don't hunt after Halloween. Probably less than 10% EVER hunted the Jan split.


The migration has already happened. Go ask any waterfowl biologist, look at the WFPBO counts, pull your head out of your rectum and LOOK AROUND.
The birds I killed Wed, Thurs, Fri, Today and will kill tomorrow WEREN'T HERE A MONTH AGO.
I guess putting duck feathers under my pillow each night works....try it, maybe the duck fairy will bring you some birds too. (if you want some, I have extras).

Do you really believe that birds migrate through a hundred mile swath in W MI 30-60 days later than they do across every other region in the same latitude??

Good Lord, I'd sooner believe someone drives 20,000 miles a month as that load of crap.


In the mean time, keep whining about a hunt that hasn't even happened yet
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.



WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
User avatar
DeadEye_Dan
hunter
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Great Lakes

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby g_maxson » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 pm

shoot-n-goose wrote:
sws002 wrote: Lastly, although I'm sure everyone else is thinking it, I'll be the first to say nobody cares or believes that you shoot 1,000+ birds a year. The sheer amount of days and hunters it would require to put those kind of numbers proves that you are either a liar or a poacher, you take your pick. The best hunters in the world who duck hunt for a living don't put that many birds in the boat, so stop trying to convince me how BA you are because you "do".


:ditto: Thats a three man limit every day for 60 days..................


I can say in 19 trips in my boat so far this year we are over 400 birds in the boat and that is mostly 2-3 man hunts. Most days we could put 100 in the boat if we had enough guys to go. I know a buddy that will probably close out the season with over 250 birds for just him and probably has near 800 for a boat total.

Heck just last week we killed 120. Point being if you hunt with the same 8 guys and everyone is killing 100+ for the season on an individual basis you can easily go over 1,000 for a small group of guys.
User avatar
g_maxson
hunter
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby sws002 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Yes, believe me, I considered the fact that your 1,000 birds were a "WE" count, as you would be just plain stupid (although you are having trouble convincing me otherwise) to admit otherwise. The fact is, as somebody already pointed out, that seeing as how we are less than 60 days in to the season, that is a 3-man limit EVERY day. Now factor in the fact that you most likely don't hunt every day, and that hunting every other day is a generous amount for even the hardest hunters, that means that you would have to have 6 men killing limits every day they hunt. Sounds rather bold doesn't it? I still am shocked that you think we have gotten any sort of migration. Just because you shot ducks somewhere you've never shot them before doesn't mean they are migrators, especially considering you included wood ducks in your bag. Fact is, if wood ducks are still around, chances are migrators aren't. Like I said before, ducks will not migrate if they don't have a reason to, if food and water are present, they will stay where they are at. That is fact, not debatable. So explain to me why, besides one shoot you had on a new pond that you believe we have had migrators. And yes, Michigan is quite the anomaly when it comes to weather patterns, as I explained to you before. Once again, fact, not conjecture. Come to me with actual facts instead of your stories and assumptions and then I will consider what you write as a thought. Until then...
User avatar
sws002
hunter
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:47 pm

You state that birds migrate on weather.

You state Mi is an anomaly when it comes weather patterns.

If our birds migrate from somewhere else (which is pretty much the definition of a migration), then they would not move on our weather, but on the weather north of here (I know. Complicated right??)
Have you looked at weather reports out of Canada?
Talked to guys in the W UP who are frozen out, with 8-10" of snowfall already?
I have. Their birds are now our birds.
Have you looked at the WFPBO counts throughout the past 3 months?
I have.

Have you looked at the refuge counts for the past 2 months?
I have.

Don't bother trying to answer those questions. I know you haven't, or you'd realize how dumb your notion of a phantom WMI migration is.

Yesterday, you couldn't kill birds in November because the ground is "all" leased up by deer hunters, so it was inaccessible.
Today you can't kill birds because they aren't here yet.
What excuse you planning for tomorrow? (never mind, your last 2 excuses contradict themselves so badly that you'll probably hurt yourself trying to come up with another...just go with one of the previous ones, try for some consistency)

Keep sitting on the couch. We'll let you know when the birds get here. ;)









P.S.
Just because you can't kill birds doesn't mean the rest of us can't. I know exactly what it takes to kill 1,000 birds in a season, I don't need you to do the math for me. You must have thought I was BS'ing 2 pages ago when I said we limited 95% of the days we hunt.
And I gotta say, for a guy who's not impressed with numbers-you seem kinda obsessed with them.


P.P.S
Keep whining about a hunt that hasn't occurred yet. It's entertaining.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.



WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
User avatar
DeadEye_Dan
hunter
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Great Lakes

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 am

HELLO!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE MIGRATORS OR NOT IF YOU CANT HUNT LAND!!!!Deadeye_Dan, you haven't a leg to stand on so here's why!! If your so good at killing birds, why drive to the bay to hunt. Just use your mad skills and hunt near home. Most of these post are simply guys espressing there thoughts on the season. Whinning is what your doing about our post. If you weren't a child and could post with some reason, you would post why not to chance the date instead of whinning about us wanting to.

If you tell me you kill 1000 puddlers in a year...LIER!!!!!. and yes, if i took every hunter I knew and added it to my total under a "WE" assumption, yea we kill a 1000 too!!!! At 1000 birds (divers which I could believe with a few guys) were do you store all that meat? I'm really glad you put up the link for the term "WE" because that is what my 5 year old would do after he eats his green beans without me haveing to ask. PM me your email so I can send you a hurt feelings report too as you are the only one on here with a problem with a date change.

Think about this- When you watch a hunting video, what is the number one thing that comes out of thier mouths when talking about birds numbers. It's "need's to get colder up north before we see some good numbers". They don't say some retarded thing like, "oh we need to get online and see what the bio's are saying or what the refuge count is or check out what hunters put on web pages cause thats reliable information". They also don't make alot of videos hunting divers and please, post a reason for that because I would love to hear it!!!! Here's my thoughts, IT'S EASY!!!!!

If 10,000 birds have 1000 ponds to choose from, would you like to scout to find them vs 10,000 birds haveing 100 ponds to choose from because the rest are froze. Migrators or not, it makes more sence to hunt with ice. It makes things easier which in an earlier post "YOU" said like it was a bad thing to make a hunt more successful. A you mentally challenged and heres why I ask? As far as a south zone date change, just stop argueing because if you thought about it, it would benifit you. A south zone date change would still let you hunt the bay and then have a few extra weeks in Kalamazoo to hunt after the middle closes!!!! Should I keep going...... Found your web page. Love the pics too, not a single puddler limit. Post the link so everyone can see and while your at it, post the links to the rest of your so called facts!!!! Do some math too, take all the people that have agreed with me on the date change on this thead vs the rest and see if that equals 5%!!!!! Have a great day dud :fingerhead:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI...in the field!!

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:You can forget EVER having a season closure in Oct....I'd love it, I love breaking ice and hunting in the snow. But the folks at the DNR have studies showing that the vast majority of hunter days occur in October. They are never going to go for a closure during a time where they have historical peak usage. Period.

The vast majority of the MI fowlers would prefer to hunt in a sweatshirt all season if possible...and that is who the DNR/NRC is going to listen to (as they should).


A.) Prove it!!
B.) Were not asking for a closer in Oct, were asking for one in November during deer season. Take a reading comprehesion class!
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI...in the field!!

Re: You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!

Postby patrick.carrington » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:54 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:As far as most hunters being "fair weather" dudes? If that isn't the case, why do the majority of hunter days (ie. days reported afield by individual hunters in post-season surveys, collected by the state) occur in October??
40,000 licensed waterfowlers in the state, I'll bet any amount of money you want, 1/3 of them don't hunt after Halloween. Probably less than 10% EVER hunted the Jan split.


Prove it!!

DeadEye_Dan wrote:The migration has already happened. Go ask any waterfowl biologist, look at the WFPBO counts, pull your head out of your rectum and LOOK AROUND.


DeadEye_Dan wrote:Keep sitting on the couch. We'll let you know when the birds get here. ;)


:huh: wow, thats priceless hahahaha
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI...in the field!!

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests