NEW to area, Have LARGE duck boat, NEED hunting buddies.

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

NEW to area, Have LARGE duck boat, NEED hunting buddies.

Postby LPMichigan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

I just moved to Troy, Michigan a couple months ago. I came from a place where world-class waterfowl hunting was always at my fingertips and I didn't have to do much work to find good hunting (I grew up in that area and knew the people and all the good spots). Now I'm here, and I don't know any other waterfowl hunters and I certainly don't have the easy hunting access I did when I was back home. I have a 20 ft duck boat that can handle St. Claire and any other body of water but my access to goose fields and early season marshes is ZERO. I'd like to find some fellow duck hunters that I can start a relationship with (online duck hunting dating? wow). Get back to me if you're interested in big water hunting in my duck boat and are willing to show me some inland/marsh/field spots. Thanks.
LPMichigan
Newb

Re: NEW to area, Have LARGE duck boat, NEED hunting buddies.

Postby BassFisher91 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:41 pm

If I have room the opener of duck, which most likely I will, I'll make sure to PM you. As far as fields...for early goose so far I'm bringing out alot of guys so there's no room right now, but if someone drops I'll again make sure to shoot you a PM.
BassFisher91
Newb

Postby shoot-n-goose » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:53 pm

Welcome to MI and DHC :welcome: Where did you move here from?

What kind of birds you planning on targeting on St Claire? I live in Clawson, so we are pretty much neighbors!
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby sbretting60 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:41 pm

I just moved to Shelby Township this summer. I don't have a boat yet but have pretty much everything else. If you are looking for someone to go with and split the work/cost of gas etc. During the week I can be pretty busy but I am usually free on the weekends. Let me know if you are looking for someone to join in learning the area and doing some exploring.
sbretting60
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting