Lansing

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Lansing

Postby spartansfan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Havent really been on here to much lately. but im heading back to school now. michigan state btw. and was wondering if anyone from that area wanted to hunt durring the season. let me know. GO GREEN
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Re: Lansing

Postby msuducknut » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:08 pm

possibly. looks like ill be doing most of my duck hunting in saginaw bay this year. 19 credits is gunna keep me busy during the week. :hammer:
msuducknut
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:33 pm

ya 19 credits will get ya. im only at 15 right now. i hunt fish point quite a bit.
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby jonesy16 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:46 pm

I'll be trying out Rose Lake a little more this year if you guys are interested. I just graduated MSU a year and a half ago and I've stuck around the area. Between work and getting up to the bay, it should be a fun season.
jonesy16
Newb

Postby BootsUpDucks2121 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 pm

i had the year off last fall and hunted around the lansing area. I would say that Rose Lake is not a great choice. Prior to the season you will see birds but as soon as one person shoots they all high tail it out.Hunted 3 or 4 times there and really only saw a handfull of birds between those times and they were all booking it out. If you get a chance go up 127 to Maple River, really nice ducky looking area and holds some birds too. Problem is you will need a canoe to get out and there is some hunting pressure there at times. The best thing you can do is get aquainted with land owners and ask if you can hunt their land. There is a nice field at the intersection of 127 and 69 to the north east that always holds alot of birds, especially geese. No idea who owns that land but if you can get permission that would be optimal.
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes"
BootsUpDucks2121
hunter

Postby BootsUpDucks2121 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:03 pm

The Shiawassee and fFish Point bingo halls were also places I frequented. Shiawassee is closer so I went there more often. Being in Erie, PA for school doesn't give me the time or the opportunity to go hunting this year. Rough.
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes"
BootsUpDucks2121
hunter

Postby spartansfan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 am

ya i was thinking about checking out maple river this fall. so thanks for the advice.
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Postby DCronk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:37 am

Hey guys, just found the forum. I go to MSU currently and just got into duck hunting the last couple years. I'm a die hard bow hunter, but this duck hunting is addicting. Been looking at some spots in Rose Lake, but after reading these replies it's not looking so promising. If anyone needs a hunting buddy lemme know. I basically plan my class schedule around hunting so I'm pretty free usually. Always looking to meet other hunters.

Drew
DCronk
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting