Is everybody ready for another weekend?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Is everybody ready for another weekend?

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:30 pm

Where is everyone going? What has it been like for you guys all year my group and I started out the best we have in a few years with 29 birds in the first 2 weeks, then the normal falloff, zero since. Just wanted to see where people are going and or how the season has been so far. Good luck everybody hope that it picks up? I am going to the bay one day and then probably Pt. Mouilee. :thumbsup: :welcome:
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:43 am

the first 2 days we got 23 this year
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:50 am

and it just keeps getting better on thanksgiving we shot 24 and lost 8 and on the 27th we shot 10 so im not complaining
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hawkdog » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:58 am

Been one of the slower seasons I have seen. I have not seen nearly the number of mallards I did in years past. Lots of woodies though.

We're goose/duck hunting our blind in western Ionia county this weekend. Got about 250 canadas using the area as a daytime loafing spot. Now we just need some clouds and some nasty wind. As for tomorrow I was thinking of hitting the Grand River bottoms in Ottawa county. Figure the closer to the lake I get the better. :mrgreen:
hawkdog
hunter

Postby Steverinobambino » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:25 am

Been a decent year overall, Lots of geese (as always), a few ducks every time I went out. I agree with Hawk--not as many mallards as last year or before. One interesting thing--I bagged quite a few more divers INLAND of the Sag Bay than in years past
Steverinobambino
hunter

Postby Cobra » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:27 pm

Ever have one of those seasons where nothing goes right? I've shot no ducks this season, geese everywhere. Scouted some local water and saw no ducks. Planning on attacking the honkers hard this weekend anyway, then my partner calls telling me he was injured at work yesterday and is out of action for 3-4 months. Time to re-evaluate and try again in January. Have fun. :thumbsup:
Cobra
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting