South Eastern Michigan - Where are they?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

South Eastern Michigan - Where are they?

Postby tboggs » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 am

Hello All,
I am new to the forum, and this is my second year as an avid duck hunter. I live in Metro-Detroit area, and there is a lot of potential around here, but I don't know where to go this late in season now that I got my buck this year.

Where is a good spot? I have a 14' duck hunting boat with a scissor blind and a small outboard motor... Is Lake Erie still active? What about Shiawassee? Or Highland Recreation Park? Any advice is appreciated, as this whole week looks like it will be good weather for hunting!
Thanks
tboggs
Newb

Re: South Eastern Michigan - Where are they?

Postby spartansfan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:18 am

you wont get any specific spots on here. but ill give you some usefull hints. lake erie has been producing limits for us the last few weeks. and shiawasse has been pretty much dead. but the best thing you can do is go out and scout yourself
its here!
spartansfan
hunter

Re: South Eastern Michigan - Where are they?

Postby moodymallard » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 am

Been out a few spots here and there. Hit up my favorite river spot. Did limit out on Mallards twice in two weeks but they come hard. Look for areas that birds are using and hit them up. Im up in the middle of the state though its nice to ave a big lake close to hunt.
moodymallard
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting