froze up yet???

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

froze up yet???

Postby scastle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 am

are you fellers froze up yet?? we get our waterfoul when yall freeze up. not much happing here in ky,to warm
scastle
hunter

Re: froze up yet???

Postby dankoustas » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:26 pm

In southeast Michigan we are just starting to get some freeze up. Today I noticed small ponds and rivers frozen and they were all open just days ago. I think there is a lot more open water around us than we usually have this time of year.
dankoustas
hunter

Postby scotts98rt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 pm

nope, still trapping with no ice problems.
scotts98rt
hunter

Postby A-Bomb » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 am

Big water is starting to freeze up. Geese are keeping it open up close and im sure the outter reaches have open water. Just too big a body to freeze up with the temps we have. One good wind and itll be toast. Looks like thats gonna happen tomorrow. :thumbsup:
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:49 am

I am in mid MI and still no ice, The river is flowing freely and LOTS of ducks in the back yard. We have a pond on 100 acres in the thumb and it is froze but it is only about 6' deep and it is not froze enough to walk on yet. hope the geese hang out thru the late season.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting