Hamburg, Brighton, Pinckney area HELP!!!!

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Hamburg, Brighton, Pinckney area HELP!!!!

Postby Q2shooter » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:59 am

Hello all....new to the board. I have a question for anybody familiar with the Hamburg, Brighton, Pinckney area. We just purchased a house on the Huron River in Hamburg. There is no boat dock but it is fairly easy to launch my boat. I went exploring yesterday....up and down the river to Ore Lake and then down to Strawberry Lake and found a few spots that seem to have potential. Both spots were occupied with other hunters both on Saturday and Sunday. The problem is those 2 spots were the only ones that were far enough away from habited dwellings to be legal to hunt from. Does anybody know of any other lakes around that area....with public boat launch access that may be productive.

Thanks for any and all help.

Chris
Q2shooter
hunter

Postby Q2shooter » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:34 am

Found a little pond adjacent to Strawberry Lake that had quite a bit of activity yesterday. Got 1 mallard and 1 woody but had numerous flocks fly by. This was new and unfamiliar water for me but I think I'll be going back.
Q2shooter
hunter

Postby redoakstar » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:19 am

Hey Q2 new to board too.
grew up on Ore Lake did some hunting but that was when everyone was pretty mellow. now there a quite a few tree huggers floating around that make it miserable. you can always float the river from 23 to Ore Lake. Should get you at least some woodies. We used to always do better on geese but we were younger and more daring. Wouldnt dare do what we did back then.

Give me shout back.

Rick
redoakstar
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting