Upper P.I. vacation spots

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Upper P.I. vacation spots

Postby don novicki » Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 am

Never been up that way and was wondering if anyone can supply info on vacation rentals, things to do,what weeks to go, etc etc. Appreciate it.......
don novicki
hunter

Re: Upper P.I. vacation spots

Postby ajmorell » Mon May 07, 2012 12:51 pm

When are you looking to go (what time of year) and is there anything in particular you're looking to do? Typical hotspots in the UP are pictured rocks in Munising, Porcupine Mountains/Lake of the Clouds, Soo Locks in Sault St. Marie. There's a lot of history all throughout the UP. IMO the summertime is the best time to be up there. Winters can be brutal and there's much less to do unless you are really into snowmobiling.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Re: Upper P.I. vacation spots

Postby waterfowlhunter » Tue May 08, 2012 5:08 pm

I love the Tahquamenon (spelling ?) falls and Castle Rock / mystery spot. My parents used to take us there on the way to camping in Canada every year in the 70's and they were my favorite places to go at that time. I still go up there every couple of years.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting