New to Wixom/Novi Area

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

New to Wixom/Novi Area

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

I recently moved to Novi from SW MI, and I am trying to figure out which state recreation areas are open to hunting near by. I tried going on to the MDNR web site and as usual it is nearly impossible to find anything useful.

Can anyone help me?

The places I am interested in are:
Proud lake State Recreation Area
Highland State Recreation Area
and any lake or field near by

any other help or hints would be very appreciated.

Thanks
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Re: New to Wixom/Novi Area

Postby redoak67 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Dont know too much about those areas but just west of you about 5 miles is Island Lake Recreation that is south of Kenisington Metropark. Further west is Brighton Recreation Area.
redoak67
Newb

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks ill check them out
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby DCronk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:48 am

I live in Commerce and myself and a couple buddies actually hunt both of those places you listed as well as a couple others. I hunt Pontiac lake and usually do okay on it (careful you can only hunt certain parts), as well as some other local areas. Shoot me a pm if you got any questions or are looking for someone to go out with this season.
DCronk
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting