Bay water levels

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Bay water levels

Postby goosman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey all I go up for a week every fall I have an 18foot excel with a mud buddy on the back are we even gonna be able to hunt this year I love luanching off Gieger road and Hunt wildfowl bay and rose island area and the marsh to the north I'm about ready to drive up there I'm getting scAred there won't be any water we did a wetlands preserve this spring with two ponds that where over ten feet deep and they are both dry just wondering if anyone in the area has some insight on the topic thanks
Last Descent Outfitters (616)723-5429
Waterfowl Guide Service
Timber Hunts
Grain Field Hunts
Open Water Layout Diver Hunts
Big boat/pontoon blind
goosman
hunter

Re: Bay water levels

Postby waterfowlhunter » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:57 pm

I was just up there checking water levels, I was going to launch my boat at sebewaing just to run north and south to see what the levels are like. They are Lower than this time last year IMO and it does not look promising at all. I did not even go out as I do not think I could even get near the shore line.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goosman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:07 pm

I hunt alot of open water for divers so as long as I can get out I will be happy although I do like hunting the northern marsh of wildfowl bar as well that's probably dry
Last Descent Outfitters (616)723-5429
Waterfowl Guide Service
Timber Hunts
Grain Field Hunts
Open Water Layout Diver Hunts
Big boat/pontoon blind
goosman
hunter

Postby DennyB » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:47 pm

I have a place on Sand Point and took a walk over to the south shore that looks out Wildfowl Bay. Water is very low, probably a foot lower than last year at this time. I sold my long tail mm last year and am beginning to regret it. :sad:
DennyB
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:51 pm

I will update after this weekend, a bunch of my buddies we are all launching 6 mudboats and going to run from gieger and out to Dynamite cut and all over places we can go so hopefully i have favorable reports!
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby Bandedbrothers » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Went down to Pointe Mouillee and it is very bad, I mean spots where we hunted, the water was up the the Island but now we cant ever hard get a boat there because the water is so low down there. Many of our spots are either dried up or they are very shallow. Time will tell though. Hope for the best!
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting