Duck Season Dates are set

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Duck Season Dates are set

Postby goosecaller » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:26 am

Just looked at the DNR website and the season dates for 06-07 are set. Exact same as last year. No goose seasons posted yet. I wish they would have moved back the dates a little, but what can ya do.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:25 am

That has to be wrong as for the south zone, we are starting the season on sunday. every year that i can remeber it has been a saturday.
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:22 am

you know, i didn't even notice that. Maybe they are wrong. I just saw they changed the year to 2006 so I thought that they set them.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:02 am

I sure hope they are wrong!
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby Q2shooter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:00 pm

The info on the DNR website is wrong.
Upcoming season dates will not be released until every organization gets together and agrees on it (CWAC) sometime in the fall.
Q2shooter
hunter

Postby Cobra » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:44 pm

Don't think they finalize the dates until at least mid August.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:12 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recived this email a few days ago.

HI all,

Yesterday July 29, the Citizens Waterfowl Advisory Committee met at the RAM Center in Higgins Lake
and made these recommendations for the 06-07 waterfowl seasons:

Goose: The frame work for the Mississippi Valley flock(The UP and all but SE lower Michigan) 50 days. Southern James Bay Flock 30 days.

UP: Begins September 18 until Nov. 6
MVP: Begins September 30 until October 29, then Nov.23 until Dec. 12
SJBJ: Begins October 7 until October 16, then Nov. 23 until Dec.12.

Bag limit 2 geese daily

Early Goose: Up Sept.1-10. LP Sept. 1-15, except Huron, Tuscola, and Sanilac Co's. Sept.1-10
Bag limit 3 geese

Late goose seasonec. 31-Jan. 7 then Jan 17 to Feb.7, if approved by the Feds. Otherwise Dec. 31 to Jan. 29.
Bag limit 3 geese.

Ducks:
Upper Pen. Sept. 30 to Nov. 28
Northern LP. Sept. 30 to Nov. 26 then Dec. 2and 3
Southern Lower. Oct. 7 to Dec. 3 then Dec. 31 and Jan. 1

Bag limits: Six ducks but only two Scaup and woodducks.
Only one Pintail, Canvasback, and Black duck.
Four Mallards, but only one hen.
Also two Hooded Mergansers.

There are no seasons within seasons on ducks this year. The duck and goose seasons overlap a lot giving added opportunities to hunt both at the same time. The splits occur at the end of the seasons in the middle and lower zones. Also, be aware that the final two days in the southern zone are Sunday and Monday to coincide with the late goose opener, and take advantage of the holiday.

It dosen't sound like it's totally set in stone, but should be pretty close to this. Thought you guys would like to see this.

Brydog
Banned

Postby Deadeye_youth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:57 pm

Hmm I was hoping the goose season woulda got moved sooner not the duck season.... Oh well.
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting