EUP Diving Duck Diet Study

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

EUP Diving Duck Diet Study

Postby Michigan Sniper » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Duck hunters of the Eastern Upper Peninsula - I need your help with my thesis! My name is Kyle and I am collecting the gizzard, upper digestive tract (crop), liver, and a wing of any diving and sea ducks shot in Chippewa and Mackinac Counties this fall. To donate birds, please: place duck carcass in a zip-lock bag with a TAG stating your name, the date, the approximate time the bird was shot, the species of duck, and THE ROUGH LOCATION the bird was shot (for example, Munuscong Bay, Brimley, the Straits, Lake George). Contact me for bags and tags. Please freeze carcasses as soon as possible to help stop digestion. I will have collection buckets at various boat launches throughout the season, or can be contacted at (586)-321-7194. I live on campus at Lake Superior State University, so if you're in the Soo let me know.

Check out the Facebook page for my study at www.facebook.com/eupdivingduckdietstudy or just search EUP Diving Duck Diet Study on Facebook.
How many bluebills, cans, redheads, pintails, and black ducks can they shoot in Canada (and Mexico)?
Michigan Sniper
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting