New member from Bay city...

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

New member from Bay city...

Postby AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 am

Hello fellas..Im a new member of this fourum and still learning how to do alot of stuff on here..I do alot of feild hunting with my buddy that has a ungodly amount farm feilds we hunt. We mostly hunt around pinny. And linwood and also do some refuge hunts now and again. We had a decent early season for geese but seems like he planted mostly corn this year so we will have to wait till the corn starts to come off...Hope every one has a safe and productive season this year..
Im the real EASTWOOD
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
hunter

Re: New member from Bay city...

Postby richard133 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 am

welcome to the forum, im not to far away from ya. Live in crump and do alot of hunting on the bay. If ya ever need another guy or looking for someone to tag along with send me a pm. have all the gear for duck hunting and usually have an open seat in my boat
richard133
hunter

Postby AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Yea ill keep that in mind...I hunted the bay with my boat but never realy did that good , have a pop up blind on the boat but i was thinking it sticks up to high and all the ducks flare from it..But did semi good out at gieger rd. with it so im stumped..Looking into buying a two man lay out boat in the future i have never hunted that way before, that would be awsome to try..
Im the real EASTWOOD
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
hunter

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am

I'm from bay city too. Started hunting 2 years ago. Can't get enough if it. I usually hunt the bay along Linwood area for ducks. Just baught a boat and can't wait till the season starts. Ive always wanted to get out and do a field hunt so if you ever have an extra spot let me know. Maybe we could swap out a hunt or 2 this season.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Ill have to wait for the farmer to take off his corn and see what feild there hittin this year.Right now were in wheat feilds but they are all gettin turned over already and the farmer i hunt with is LAZY and wont hunt a feild that he cant drive out in.We were in pickle feilds at the start of the season but now all that uses those are crows..He said corn will be coming off early this year so hopefully he takes his time so we have a good feild to hunt later in the season for the FLIGHTS..Will see what happens ill keep posting when the time nears..
Im the real EASTWOOD
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
hunter

Postby richard133 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:26 pm

ive always wanted to try layout hunting would be a blast i think. been seeing some good numbers of birds just hope the water levels are going to be tolerable already took out my lower unit once from hitting a obstacle under the surface in about 6' of water about 3 weeks ago :mad:
richard133
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting