Duck Hunting Forum banner

goose hunting in cut bean field

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sws002 
#1 ·
I have permission to hunt this bean field problem is I never see any geese in this field. Has anyone had any luck goose hunting a cut bean field? Is it worth my time to try or just keep relationship until next year when he plants corn there?

#2 ·
I would hunt it. The problem is hiding. Use a layout blind and dig it in if they will allow you to do so. This will keep you lower and prevent shadows. We hunt fields that birds don't really go to but are in their flight path. Make sure the spread can be seen well and coax them in........good luck.

#3 ·
Birds will use bean fields just as readily as they will corn fields, probably even more so this year as beans are a bit more drought resistant than corn, so there should be more food in bean fields this year. As long as birds are in the general area, you should be able to kill birds out of that field provided they are coming close enough to see your spread. It's called running traffic, and although it's not ideal, you should have no trouble being successful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.