hunt this weekend fish point

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

hunt this weekend fish point

Postby waterfowlhunter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:11 am

Any single hunters hunting fish point this weekend? My hunting partners have either moved out of state or are too busy to hunt this year. I would like to hunt pm Sat and possibly sun if there are any birds in the area.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: hunt this weekend fish point

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:14 pm

I won't be around this weekend but I'm going tomorrow am. I'll let you know what's going on out there. Been a lot of people this year. At least for the am hunts. 53 parties last Friday am. We got draw 50. Needless to say we ended up hunting Nayanquing point instead.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 am

NuffDaddy wrote:I won't be around this weekend but I'm going tomorrow am. I'll let you know what's going on out there. Been a lot of people this year. At least for the am hunts. 53 parties last Friday am. We got draw 50. Needless to say we ended up hunting Nayanquing point instead.

Let me know how the birds are at fish point.... and if the water is up any.

I have not hunted Nayanquing this year at all but was told they have low water too. I have hunted about 6 days and been in the top 10 most of them and the worst draw I was 22 down the list.

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:33 am

Nothing for birds this morning. Teal flew for the first 20 minuites then never saw a duck after that. Lots of quacking in the dark though. Ended up with one GW. Good water in the north field. I think the SW corner is all that's dry. 9 through 13 are all well flooded. I think there is enough in 15 and maybe more in that field. 2 and 3 are good and the north end of 1 is huntable. Some water in 66 and maybe 67. I think the 40s are doing ok and all the marshes are good. Ditches are full and they are pumping so there could be more water by Saturday. Probably double the water as there was last week. Rain really helped. Heading back out tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be better. Nayanquing point is low but not bad. Middle field is good. S end of the north field is all good and the north part might be getting wet too now since last week. South field was just starting to get wet last week and had one huntable zone. Should be better this week though. All thier marshes are well flooded.
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Let me know how things look tomorrow, IF there are still no ducks I will bow hunt and chase ducks next weekend....

Thanks

waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Ducks everywhere there. Me and a buddy got 4 ducks. Lots of big groups somewhere between 6 and 20 that were working the fields. There were 45 parties and we got 35thin the draw. Hunted zone 4 in the marsh. Zone 3 killed a bunch. Close to a limit. Great weather for hunting. Saw a lot of migrators too. I think the migration has finally started.
NuffDaddy
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting