Saginaw Bay, need your help

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Saginaw Bay, need your help

Postby Bandedbrothers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Will anyone tell me where a good spot is to hunt the bay? I am going up this weekend for the first time to hunt the north instead of hunting south (lake erie). I have one other guy so we wanted to find a descent spot to kill some ducks. if you could please help me out that would be great. PM me if you have to.

Thanks guys!
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Re: Saginaw Bay, need your help

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm

ther isnt any water or ducks yet in the bay. no mallards, teal and woodies are all inland, and divers are just starting to come in. your best off at fish point or nayanquing point. be prepaired for alot of pressure.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:31 pm

I was in wildfowl bay last weekend and it was loaded with Divers well Redheads actually. Out in open water cover boats!
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby Bandedbrothers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Dang I dont have a boat blind on ym boat, was wanting to hunt from shore, is that still possible at wildfowl bay?
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Bandedbrothers wrote:Dang I dont have a boat blind on ym boat, was wanting to hunt from shore, is that still possible at wildfowl bay?

Depends on the wind. We are starting to get some north wind and a little rain. Should help a little with the water depth. You might be able to find water but you probably won't get your boat to shore. Good luck. We are starting to get some more birds now.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby Bandedbrothers » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Alright cool, I appreciate it.
Bandedbrothers
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting