Need Some Help Near Hillman

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Need Some Help Near Hillman

Postby JudgeSmails » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 am

My annual trip to Canada just got cancelled due to low water on the river that connects to the area we hunt. Four of us now have a vacation planned without a destination. I do have a place near Hillman that I can use, however I've never hunted that area for Duck. Is there public hunting on Fletcher's Floodwater? Ess Lake? or Avalon? or any of the others in that area?
We normally hunt from Boat Blinds and our dekes are all still up in Canada, but a stop at the big box store on the way up can easily get any gear we might still need. I just need a few locations where we are welcome. Ducks, of course, would be nice too.

Also, on a non duck related note - what about upland birds in the same area?
JudgeSmails
Newb

Re: Need Some Help Near Hillman

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I believe they are all open to hunting but wouldnt swear on it. I suggest calling the DNR office for that area and asking. Grouse hunting should be fair in that area. Don't know when your hunt is planned for but grouse hunting closes the 15th and doesnt start back up till dec.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting