pte mouilee

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

pte mouilee

Postby bushwacking » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:59 pm

has anybody else hunted pte mouilee i think it is grreat but im not sure what the good zones are ive hunted 4 5 and 11 and did pretty well. i was wondering what ur opinon on which is ur favorite zone is
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:18 pm

you must hunt the lead unit? I go over into vermit or hunt the bay. We do pretty good out there, we went last Saturday shot 9 Mallards and a couple of teals. I usally hunt local lakes during the week and go out to pointe Moullie during the weekends. Where else do you hunt? :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby bushwacking » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:19 pm

i hunt in are p[ond out in hillsdale
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:53 pm

in YOUR pond???? :eek:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:40 am

whats wrong with hunting in a pond i hunt my pond that i have in hillsdale also.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Q2shooter » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:52 am

I went to Pt. Moulee on Sunday. It was my first time hunting in a controlled preserve. Fortunately I had a friend that knew the area and how the draw worked. It will definitely be my last time! I have never seen so many sky busters in my life! There were several times when groups were firing at birds 100 yds in the air.....too bad they don't realize it ruins it for everybody else. We did see quite a few birds and managed to take a real nice mallard. BTY I think we were in zone 3.
Q2shooter
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:06 pm

I guess my thought was it would take all the fun out of it? thats all :tounge:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby bushwacking » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:10 pm

we do real good in our pond in hillsdale we shot 9 n two days they where mallards and nice drake wooducks we could have had more
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

Postby Goose Gunner » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:53 am

I hunted pointe moullie a few times with nothing to brag about just a couple greenheads,but what realy inpressed me was the amount of birds that pourded out of the refuge :eek: . It was also nice to see alot of snows flying around it late november.Whats your guys set up like out there?# of dekes ,motion ,calling ,ect? This was my first year duck hunting and im still pretty green.
Goose Gunner
Newb

Postby buster_22 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:30 pm

Hey pointe moullie is alot of fun. I have never hunted the lead unit I always hunt over in Vermit over the dike. We take out about 100-150 decoys and a couple mojo's. Over the dike the more movement you have in your spread ( mojo's ) the better. It's like what ever hunter has the most money dumped into their spread with motion decoys they always do the best. We do pretty good out there towards the end of the season when most hunters don't come back and it's not so crowded. Then the duck hunting is based on calling rather than rich spreads, which is alot more fun. :thumbsup:
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting