Need help near waterloo!

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Need help near waterloo!

Postby fletch125 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey guys, i use to duck/goose hunt with a friend but ive had a falling out with him and dont get out anymore. I recently got a new gun and would like to take my friend out with me. However we dont have a boat. I deer hunt in gregory,mi near the the gregory state wildlife park. There is a lake near there called Sheets lake. Can i sit on the shore and duck/goose hunt there or along any of the other lakes near it(wild goose, joslin, bruin). Anyone know any of the places you can get out? Looking for a place for late season goose and the DNR wont answer my questions!!! Please help!
fletch125
Newb

Re: Need help near waterloo!

Postby smithsc1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:42 am

Your best bet is to get a canoe. You'll be able to hunt a lot of spots with some extra work. The advantage to having a boat, to me, is having all the stuff to hunt in the boat instead of loading and unloading all the time. There are a lot of walk in spots in that area. The tough part is figuring out where it is leagle to hunt. On lakes, you have to have the permission of the land owner to hunt a lake. Michigan Sportsman waterfowl is a good place to check for specifics on the subject. Get the platt books, burn some gas, and wear out some boots-you'll find some birds. :-) Good luck!
smithsc1
Newb

Re: Need help near waterloo!

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 am

smithsc1 wrote:Your best bet is to get a canoe. You'll be able to hunt a lot of spots with some extra work. The advantage to having a boat, to me, is having all the stuff to hunt in the boat instead of loading and unloading all the time. There are a lot of walk in spots in that area. The tough part is figuring out where it is leagle to hunt. On lakes, you have to have the permission of the land owner to hunt a lake. Michigan Sportsman waterfowl is a good place to check for specifics on the subject. Get the platt books, burn some gas, and wear out some boots-you'll find some birds. :-) Good luck!

This ^
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting