Central Zone two day hunt?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 am

Well, are there going to be any birds, new birds a week from today?

Gotta go, can't shoot them from the sofa!!
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Quite a few ducks starting to show up on the bay now.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Re: Central Zone two day hunt?

Postby brubak35 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:28 pm

I cant wait for the central split. We have a spot locked down, river spot running thru a cut corn field. There are close to 5,000 ducks using it daily. Been seeing Cans, mergies, goldeneye, buffle heads, mallards, blacks, pins and a bunch of geese. Cant wait.
brubak35
hunter

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 pm

brubak35 wrote:I cant wait for the central split. We have a spot locked down, river spot running thru a cut corn field. There are close to 5,000 ducks using it daily. Been seeing Cans, mergies, goldeneye, buffle heads, mallards, blacks, pins and a bunch of geese. Cant wait.

sounds like a good shoot coming up this weekend for ya. I'll be up deer hunting for late doe by oscoda at our deer camp so I won't be hitting any of the splits this season.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 pm

A river or large creek?

Would think I would be hunting there all season!!

I will be hunting a river myself, hope to get some scouting in on Friday .
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Tpaul195 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Looking at the guide last night and saw the two day hunt. I can't believe I forgot. My plan was to drive up this weekend and scout, but to late now. I would like to get a hunt in on Sat. Morning with my son and I, so I have a question, does anyone have room to let us tag along? Water or field, no problem, we have gear for both. Could possibly trade for a hunt in the so. Zone on the 29th. If willing, please send email or pm.
Tpaul195
Newb

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Tpaul195 wrote:Looking at the guide last night and saw the two day hunt. I can't believe I forgot. My plan was to drive up this weekend and scout, but to late now. I would like to get a hunt in on Sat. Morning with my son and I, so I have a question, does anyone have room to let us tag along? Water or field, no problem, we have gear for both. Could possibly trade for a hunt in the so. Zone on the 29th. If willing, please send email or pm.

Did you have some water you were going to scout? I would just go there. It's been closed for a few weeks and some birds have moved In and around since then. Don't miss the opportunity.

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby brubak35 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Weedwacker wrote:A river or large creek?

Would think I would be hunting there all season!!

I will be hunting a river myself, hope to get some scouting in on Friday .

Its a river, about 70 yards across the entire thing.
brubak35
hunter

Postby Tpaul195 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Weedwacker wrote:
Tpaul195 wrote:Looking at the guide last night and saw the two day hunt. I can't believe I forgot. My plan was to drive up this weekend and scout, but to late now. I would like to get a hunt in on Sat. Morning with my son and I, so I have a question, does anyone have room to let us tag along? Water or field, no problem, we have gear for both. Could possibly trade for a hunt in the so. Zone on the 29th. If willing, please send email or pm.

Did you have some water you were going to scout? I would just go there. It's been closed for a few weeks and some birds have moved In and around since then. Don't miss the opportunity.

Yes. There are a few spots that I have hunted in the past including earlier this season. My only concern is they will have ice on them. The spots are small to med. size marshes. If they were large lakes or rivers, I wouldn't hesitate. I will probably start there, then check out a few river spots I had my eye on.
Tpaul195
Newb

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Sent you a pm.

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby brubak35 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:18 pm

How was everyones split?
brubak35
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Mine was terrible... Did not even go out today in the rain.

And you?

Saturday , lost 40 minutes at ramp with the guy you hope to never be... Sits on the ramp to get boat ready, then sits on ramp trying to start engine ....

Get to a spot and no birds gave me any looks...

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby g_maxson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:47 am

Fewer birds in the air than should have been. We killed 60 for the 2 day.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
g_maxson
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:48 pm

"60 birds" in two days!!

Wow, that's a lot of birds for there not being a lot of birds.

Kudos to you and your group.

My buddy bought 30'chukars and put them out, shot 28 on Saturday !! Good times .

Weedwacker
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting