any decoys for sale near the UP

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

any decoys for sale near the UP

Postby duke7581 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:22 pm

lookin to up my spread divers or mallards
duke7581
hunter

Postby Bill Collector Bob » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:36 pm

no dekes for sale but where do you hunt up there? I got to Michigan Tech and hunt up that way
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear
Bill Collector Bob
hunter

Postby wigeon1040 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Where up at Tech do you hunt I just graduated from there and may be able to give you some tips. I had that place on lock down.
wigeon1040
hunter

Where I hunt

Postby Bill Collector Bob » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:10 pm

Been scouting for Honkers real hard the past few days... From the plains all the way up to Gratiot Lake. Found some real good looking duck spots but we can't seem to find the local flocks yet. Opener is in the morning, just loaded up my gear, we're gonna try to hit the bay in Chassel. Some fishermen said they sae a few flocks out there today.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear
Bill Collector Bob
hunter

Postby wigeon1040 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:02 pm

A good place to try if you have a boat is to go over by the power plant, there were on average about 200 geese there a day. If you can't get there another good place to try would be dwon by breakers. I had some fields over by there and did really good in the past. So far the report from my hunting buddies from up there they all limited, Hope to hear a similar report from you. Enjoy shooting geese well you can all I get to shoot are morning doves however its good practice.
wigeon1040
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting