Warning!!! Cut Tires at Pt. Mouilee Parking Area.

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Warning!!! Cut Tires at Pt. Mouilee Parking Area.

Postby cshire » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:20 pm

My son and I went out into the lead unit hoping for a few geese for his first hunt. We parked in the lot at the end of Roberts Rd./South end of Banana Dyke. When we came back to the parking lot around 12 there were 10 tires slashed on trucks and trailers! No idea who, what, or why, but my guess is some anti hunters trying to make a point.

A report was filed with the Monroe County Sheriff, and I will be calling the DNR tomorrow, so hopefully they will be looking for this in the future.

I got off lucky as only 1 tire on my Suburban was hit for $220. Guys with trailers had trailer tires cut and one guy, probably the first one they hit as he was first in line had 2 truck tires and 2 trailer tires cut.

Keep your eyes open and be prepared. There are some real scumbags out there.
cshire
hunter

Postby buster_22 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:56 pm

That is unreal, I hope they get that firgured out before opening day of duck season. Somebody has got to have balls to slash peoples tires knowing that the hunters have loaded guns and there near by. That's a death call waiting to happen. Thanks for the heads up....... How did the goose hunt go? Are you heading over to the pointe Moullie festival coming up?
Never stand down wind of Buster "the spitter" 22 when he is calling on his SMM ! :laughing:

courtesy of Admin2 :thumbsup:
buster_22
Pro Hunter

Postby bushwacking » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:53 pm

i will be there saturday morning
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

Re: Warning!!! Cut Tires at Pt. Mouilee Parking Area.

Postby pike_mazter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:12 pm

cshire wrote: but my guess is some anti hunters trying to make a point.
Keep your eyes open and be prepared. There are some real scumbags out there.
pike_mazter
hunter

Saturday at Pointe Mouillee

Postby Joeleone » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:50 pm

I'll be out there on Saturday too. Is that the only parking lot its happened at so far, because I don't park down there. I went out there for early goose this season and it didn't produce for me. But I seen a ton of ducks I can't wait!
Joeleone
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting