Question regarding Managed areas.

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: quackerkiller, waterfowlhunter

Question regarding Managed areas.

Postby JSODEP5338 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:28 pm

Hello everyone, I just found this site. It seems to be full of great info. Now for my question, I have only hunted Nayanquing Point so far. I have had mixed results. 1 great trip (3 years ago), 1 bad trip (2 years ago), and 1 slightly above average trip (last year). I like that you do not need a boat for nayanquing. What are some other areas me and my friends could explore? We just started hunting 3 years ago, We have waders, guns, dekes, calls, and desire to kill many a duck. What we do not have is a dog or a boat to speak of. I have a 12 foot row boat with a 6 horse evinrude that I camoed up. We hunt around Jackson and take 1 or 2 trips a year to Nayanquing. We want to try something new but are worried about the uncertainty of a new place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!
JSODEP5338
hunter

Postby Waldoo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:52 pm

You could do Shiawassee State Game area in St Charles (near Saginaw). Could walk into Prior Rd blinds and Miller. I used to walk my 12 footer full of decoys into Prior when I was in college and couldnt afford a motor.
2013 - 2014
Turkey - 2
Dove - 37
Blue Wing - 117
Green Wing - 22
Redhead - 5
Shoveler - 8
Pintail - 8
Mallard - 1
Gadwall - 5
Ringneck - 1
Hooded Merganser - 1
Waldoo
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:53 pm

fish pointe is also another one that you can walk into.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Fish Point

Postby JSODEP5338 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:28 am

Hi Guys, First off I would like to thank you for your tips so far. Is Fish Point like Nayanquing with flooded corn? Also do they have as many hunting spots as Nayanquing? Which do you guys prefer and why?
I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!
JSODEP5338
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting