Ottawa Marsh

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Ottawa Marsh

Postby Michigan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:01 pm

I hear hunting on the marsh has been on the down swing lately because It's been slowly drying up. Does anyone have any hard facts to back that up? Also, where is the best place to acess Ottawa Marsh in a canoe?
Michigan
hunter

OTTAWA

Postby bloomy321 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:39 pm

I HUNTED THERE IN THE LATE SEASON THE PAST FEW YEARS AND THE WATER WASN'T GREAT BUT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A CANOE FOR SURE. I EVEN RUN A LITTLE 3 H/P AND DIDN'T HAVE ANY HANG UPS. I'M NOT TOO SURE WHAT THE NAME OF THE STREET IS WHERE WE WENT IT BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THE DNR WEBSITE YOU'LL NOTICE A COUPLE SPOTS TO HEAD IN THERE AT. I THINK IT'S 53RD STREET OR SO. YOU'LL SEE IT ON THE MAP AS THE MAIN LANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AREA. . REMEMBER AT OTTAWA, YOU CAN ONLY HUNT UNTIL 5P.M. I FORGOT ABOUT THAT AND GOT BURNED ON A EVENING HUNT LAST YEAR. GOOD LUCK...
bloomy321
hunter

Postby Michigan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 pm

What's the marsh like there? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it part of the Kzoo river? What is the current like going through the marsh? Is there a ton of people that hunt down there?
Michigan
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting