Duck Hunting Forum banner

Petoskey Michigan shore fishing?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  allnighter 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have apparently been talked into going with my girlfriends to her cousins wedding in Petoskey. It will be the 3rd-6th of July and if im going to be there I wanted to try and sneak away and catch something that we dont have in Florida. I don't think i will have time for a half day to chart, but was wondering about some places to shore fish. So I was wondering if it would be worth bringing a rob along and if so what to bring along and any other tips. Did I mention I have to ride with her mother and aunt all the way there from Florida. Thanks for any tips to help a brother duck hunter find a little peace.

#2 ·
If you can find a stream or pier you may be able to find some salmon or some trout running.
Not sure what times are good up in Petoskey, but down in SM i can usually get some in a stream on a fly rod around July 4th.

There are lakes that hold musky and pike... not sure about shore fishing for them.

Also, you could go for walleye.

#4 ·
Thank you for the reply. I have been try for both routes but with the short amount of heads up I got I have been hard to find somebody that's not already booked up. I will keep trying but I will also be bring a rod or two for fishing the Bear River and the local peir. With that being said as for baits what should I bring along I see that crank baits and spoons seem to be the way to go. I don't have any salmon eyes to will the gulp version work or will local bait shops have some? I how to spend at little time as possible around the wedding activities and mainly turn this into an impromptu fishing trip for me. Especially after the 20 hour drive with my girlfriend and her mother and Aunt. :no:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.