Bayport

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Bayport

Postby maddiedog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm

Has anyone ever hunted Bay Port on the opener? I see there are a million blinds up there but we are still going to give it a try. I just want to know if there is anything I should have a heads up about.
maddiedog
hunter

Postby Michigan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Last time I hunted near there, the people in the blind next to us thought their guns could reach out to 200 yds. We still managed to get a few that came in after making it past the shore batteries.
Michigan
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:32 am

Sweet. We are going to get out early and if nothing else watch the circus! I am not really holding my breathe. Most places down here are packed. Up north it is clear sailing. I just wanted to make sure there weren't a bunch of idiots that think they own the Bay.
maddiedog
hunter

Postby Michigan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:28 am

yeah I know what you mean, I was able to make it up and hunt near my cottage in Irons and there was no one in sight and I didn't hear any other shots eather. I guess duck hunting is like deer hunting with some people, they go out for openning day or weekend nad then don't touch their guns again till next fall. Then when someone asks them if they are into duck/deer hunting and they say" Oh yeah, I'm real big into it." :thumbsup: :laughing:
Michigan
hunter

Postby Deadeye_youth » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:10 pm

Yeah i was pretty suprised at how many blinds were up there this year compared to past years. Have fun
WHACK EM' AN STACK EM'
Deadeye_youth
hunter

Postby maddiedog » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:53 am

ended up with 4 teal.
maddiedog
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting