Early Goose Season

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Early Goose Season

Postby A_Winnie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 am

Who's ready for early goose season? I've been seeing a lot of geese in wheat fields around my house. How do y'all celebrate the opener?
2013-2014 Season
3 Canada Goose
A_Winnie
hunter

Re: Early Goose Season

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 am

A_Winnie wrote:Who's ready for early goose season? I've been seeing a lot of geese in wheat fields around my house. How do y'all celebrate the opener?

By killing Canadians

And a goose or two.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 am

There was a few in my pond but they are just residents. I agree, it can't come soon enough as I will be just on this forum waiting til season starts. I found a few good spots while fishing I want to check out this year when it is closer
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:08 pm

@Deadeye_Dan: Is early goose still Sept 1-15 this year? How about late goose?
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:14 am

Early goose is still 9/1-15, except for a couple GMU's in the Bay Area I believe are 9/1-10.

I'll have to check my notes on the regular season because there are multiple zone with multiple splits and I don't want to give wrong info.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:37 am

Thanks!
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby MantonMan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:16 pm

I won't be participating in early goose season this year. Where I'm at right now in Alaska, regular duck season starts in september. Surprisingly I've never seen Canadas up here. But never the less I will be out there until I can go after the geese in Michigan when I get back. But this year it's going to be a camping/hunting trip on the opener for me. A few of us are going to camp out by the pond we plan on hunting this year for the opener then in the morning we just have to wake up, walk about 100 yds to the water and sit. I think that will be a new tradition of mine for the opening of season. Good luck everyone.
MantonMan
hunter

Postby goosehunter63 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:26 pm

I'll be headin back home to Huron County, have had pretty solid reports from everyone I have talked too
goosehunter63
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 am

I am stuck working 24/7 the opening week of goose season. :mad:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting