This place is dead

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

This place is dead

Postby Quacked-out-Yooper » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:01 pm

:umm: Anybody alive in here? Lets hear about some of your fondest memories from this years hunts.

My best memory was shooting my first oldsquaw.
Quacked-out-Yooper
Newb

Postby quackerkiller » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:24 pm

mine was the late season hunt the last day of the year and my dad and I both pulled up on two what we thought were mallards and dropped this pair of balck ducks that were about 45 yards up in the fog and that was a very special for me because it was with my dad and it was my first black duck.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:30 pm

I was hunting in a new spot this year, so my friend and I went for a walk in the marsh to explore. Bad idea because of the ice, anyways after walking for an hour hear three shots, look and dont see anything flying so we think our other buddy is messing around. Well as turns out when we get he has three mallards in the bought, yeah he tripled without a doubt cause no one else was with him. Pretty cool. Lets get this forum going with talk. :salude: :salude: :salude:
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby Steverinobambino » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:11 pm

I took a buddy of mine hunting on the Saginaw Bay in early November. He had never before hunted ducks [i]seriously . We limited out on mallards and bluebills. Next thing I know, I have a new hunting partner for next year :thumbsup:
Steverinobambino
hunter

First hunt of '05

Postby DuckDuckBoom » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:36 pm

Mine just happened this past week. It was my first hunt this year. I had hunted the morning, and was about ready to pack up. I saw something out of the corner of my eye; I looked over and saw a buck running out of the woods behind me. He bolted from the woods toward the water, unaware that I was sitting there. He ran into the water, and began swimming through my decoys! I was in complete shock. As if this wasn't shocking enough, I heard a dog barking right after that. I turned toward the woods, and out ran a dog chasing the deer. He ran into the water and started swimming after it. By now the deer was about a quarter of the way to Grosse Ile. The dog gave up, turned back toward shore, walked over to me, sniffed me, then ran back into the woods. I was amazed at what had just happened. The day hadn't gone so well up to that point, but seeing something that odd and beautiful changed my view of the day completely.
Have a great season, guys!
A life unexamined is not worth living - Socrates
DuckDuckBoom
Newb

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting